Thread: TQ and TQ inverse table axis problem.

TQ and TQ inverse table axis problem.

Anyone else have axles that look like the attached picture? Whenever I copy the axles values over to look normal the truck doesn't want to run and sometimes dies.Torque table axis lables.png

Senior Tuner
    You need to right click the blank cell in the upper right and either choose copy with axis to get both x and y(of highlighted cells) or, go down to column or row axis and copy labels to get them individually. When you do them individually they paste into excel horizontally. You would then need to recopy in excel and special paste as transposed to have the values paste vertically.

Do not choose edit and copy out of that table.

Sometimes after copying the values they all end up in one cell and I have to hit crtl and choose use import wizard to separate them into individual cells.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-30-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    You need to right click the blank cell in the upper right and either choose copy with axis to get both x and y(of highlighted cells) or, go down to column or row axis and copy labels to get them individually. When you do them individually they paste into excel horizontally. You would then need to recopy in excel and special paste as transposed to have the values paste vertically.

Do not choose edit and copy out of that table.

Sometimes after copying the values they all end up in one cell and I have to hit crtl and choose use import wizard to separate them into individual cells.
    So you're saying don't modify those cells in HPT and only copy with axis (I use the top left empty box) into the excel file.

It seems to me that in certain applications I would want to be able to change the axis like for blower applications on the coyote.

Senior Tuner
    No, Its just the way it was originally setup. After copying back into HPT you need to fix the cell#'s, That's if you modified the load and RPM outside of hpt.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-30-2016 at 05:14 PM.

are you looking to alter the load and rpm axis?
    if you see cell number on the right sometimes they need to be altered to 1,2,3.... otherwise if you see where it goes from 2 to 5 it will interpolate it looks like. at least that's what I have done when I ran into it

Yes, I wanted to be able to adjust the axis. I did once but the truck wouldn't come off idle then would die. Here's what I can't it to look like: Axis changed.jpg

Senior Tuner
    Did you use write entire after changing the axis?

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Did you use write entire after changing the axis?
    I just looked and no I didn't...

Edit: Won't the computer run past the load in the tables and infer or am I wrong?
    Last edited by mechanicboy; 07-30-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I have never tested it to be certain. The axis's show up as hidden parameters. I don't think they will be modified unless you write entire as they are not considered part of the calibration due to axis values not having to be modified very often once you get them corrected the first time if ever needed.

Well, I re-scaled and did a write entire and didn't have a problem this time except when I try to boost launch it shuts it down when it hits 16lbs, I'm sure it's just another limiter I'm hitting.