Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Started 'tuning' my 4.2L I6

LSRacing
    Jamy, Chris sent me a new beta, within minutes of me
    asking for a 'fix' , so I can see your file now.
    That compare function is so cool & easy to use.
    I see you too put hi-octane in place of low-octane.
    And I see you added more in 1600-2400rpm range.
    I will try that.
    Did you change some of the variable camshaft stuff, or is
    that just the diff between your 2003 & my 2004 ??
    Don't know if I would touch that stuff as I don't know
    where to find info on that, to change it ??
    I see you haven't changed any DFCO either, I really don't think
    that we have ALL the DFCO tables that we need to make it work great for us, as my Z28 program has probaby a lot more parameters for DFCO.
    There's maybe 2-4 MPG more if we can get DFCO set-up right.
    Have you changed some of the trans force/pressure tables too, or is that
    too the diff between your 2003 & my 2004 once again ??
    O2 switch point ? Hmm, maybe it will be here with the next release.

Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys this sounds great-I just got my MPVI to tune my SC Z06 and my wife has an 03 Envoy. Nice truck but real lazy on the shifts-especially on the highway when you want to pass someone. 2000Firehawk what gears does your truck come with? My wife has 3.42's-could I bother you to share your tuned copy? Could you email it to [email protected]-it would be much appreciated. Also you mentioned pulling the honeycomb out of the MAF-are you sure that's a good idea-they always told everyone to leave it on for LS1/LS6's? But then again the 02 and up C5's had them removed but they put it back in 05.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

vortech,

We don't have a Maf sensor on the 4.2L I6, we run in SD mode.
    If you have the 5.3, you have a MAF.
    Maybe the 2006 got the MAF , I'm not sure.
    I'll email you my file tonight when I get home.

Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.

Advanced Tuner
    Hi Dave-I have an 03 I-6-thanks alot!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Tuner in Training
    I did change some of the camshaft spark and such on mine. The Trans tables made a huge diff in shifting. My truck is much more powerfull at mid range now. It shifts like a dream. Very strong, firm shifts. Im going to be doing some dyno testing in a week or two and will let you know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by LSR
    I did change some of the camshaft spark and such on mine. The Trans tables made a huge diff in shifting. My truck is much more powerfull at mid range now. It shifts like a dream. Very strong, firm shifts. Im going to be doing some dyno testing in a week or two and will let you know how it turns out.
    Great news to hear! Can't wait to see the results, before and after if you do any...

i would loooove for someone to have a go at the VVT our inline6s have! I mean, once it kicks in, thats 20whp direct!! Imagine an extra 20whp plus other tweaks across the power band! wooow!!!

Advanced Tuner
    2000Firehawk-I got the files you sent me-thanks! I couldn't read my file or yours until Chris sent me a fix and of course he came through. One thing i noticed imeediately is that I can't find a table that gives the gear ratio-my Envoy has 3.42's and i was thinking of swapping to 3.73's. I guess I would have to tell the computer that in the speedo table-what gears do you guys have?
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

anyone done any updates to their tunes yet??

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

I've got [GT4], 3.73, in mine, with, [G80], posi .

GU6 = 3.42
    GT4 = 3.73
    GT5 = 4.10
    G80 = POSI

This info on the inside of your glovebox.

I haven't done much to the 'tune' the past few weeks.
    I'm waiting for the big HPTuner software release.

Dave

mine's a 3.73 (GT4) and i wish I had the locker and GT5 though... there was no choosing gears here in Kuwait, most the TBs/Envoys that come over are GT4s.
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 05-29-2006 at 05:59 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    How much would it cost to add my TB to my cable which already has 2 vins on it? I would love to take the TM off.
    452RWHP-408RWTQ---11.2@120-NA
    75 shot-10.6@129 1.47 60ft.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...3b012749e1.htm

i think its 2 credits, near enough $100

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Im on vacation in hilton head right now. When i get back i will be putting the Envoy on the Dyno to see what i can drag out of it. I have compared a few envoy/trailblazer tunes so far and they are almost identical so the changes i make should be about the same for other users as long as your truck is still close to stock. As always, use the compare feature to make sure the tunes are the same first. I will post my results in a few weeks. I hope to use the next HPT release with some added tables.

oh nice to hear! well enjoy the ret of your vacation then, let us know how it turns out ot be....I'm thinking of leaning my right out to get the most possible gains but count for KR as well... if i get a couple of hits across the rpm range then I don't mind, im sure the factory setting is also like this after my mods since there's no proper tuning

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

hey guys, any updates on ur tunes??? Here's a post of my tune from what I've done so far... hope u guys like
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 03-07-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    I just bought myself a 02 TB. Installed a CAI and catback exhaust. Anyone have a tuned file they are willing to share with me? Still new to PCM tuning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TBLTZ
    I just bought myself a 02 TB. Installed a CAI and catback exhaust. Anyone have a tuned file they are willing to share with me? Still new to PCM tuning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    set all the TM tables to 0... we don't have enough power in these motors to burn any transmissions... go to the shift pressures and X the whole table by 1.05... your adding 5% firmer shifts... check if u like it...

good advice for setting your WOT gear changes is to set the WOT mph to 0 and just add or subtract to the WOT rpm parameters.. This worked wonders for me... if you want to get rid of your top speed, check out the sticky foff made in this section...

Change your PE delay from 4750, down to say 1,000, this will help with acceleration, but may decrease fuel mileage, not by that much though .... add a couple degrees on the higher octane tables.. log the truck, then decrease the spark timing in the specified areas if u run into any knock retard...

Here's a config file (credit to Russ Kemp) I use for basic tuning.. load it into your scanner and log your truck.. u might be able to learn a few things with this...
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 07-29-2007 at 12:02 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Good thread. I've been off and on tuning my wife's Saab 9-7x with the help of FOFF. I'd love to add a couple mpg's as she's got a heavy foot and usually sees around 14-15mpg around town.

I'm at work now, but will post my tune later tonight. FYI, it's an '05, and bone stock.
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Tuner in Training
    Traiblazin', thanks for your help! I will try tuning when I get the chance.

Tuner
    I just ordered the tuner for my 04 envoy. I havent got my package yet so i cant log in and view anyones bin's. If anyone would be nice and send me their bin to take a look at that would be great.