Thread: Timing in first gear!

Tuner in Training

Timing in first gear!

I just bought a 2017 Mustang GT 6spd with performance pack. I'm sure this has been covered but I'm new to this and I'm having problems with the tune and logging. I don't know if there are 2 functions taking place but the car feels gutless in first gear. Its a 6spd with 3.73s. I have gone over a lot of the torque management stuff and the logs still show really low timing in first. I cannot figure out how to get the log to show which spark table the ecu is using. I can post my tune and a current log if needed but ultimately I need to adjust timing anyways and I don't know which tables to adjust. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    In the scanner you need to log weighted mapped points for a percentage of what mapped point it's using. If you do not see it download the latest 3.2. If you still do not see it email support.

Tuner in Training
    The only mapped points I can log are under VCT. Is that what I'm supposed to log?

Senior Tuner
    Yes, the mapped point weights are determined from the vct. The spark and torque/load tables are subordinate to the vct. Having the ability to log the percentage of weights is critical for tuning properly once you get into the bigger gain mods. Familiarizing your self from stock and doing one mod at a time really helps you learn.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I got it I really appreciate the help. Only thing now is I cant figure out why it is still pulling timing in first gear. On spark source is says torque control. How do I remove this or change the torque control settings?

Quote Originally Posted by mbigvin327 View Post
    Ok I got it I really appreciate the help. Only thing now is I cant figure out why it is still pulling timing in first gear. On spark source is says torque control. How do I remove this or change the torque control settings?
    check under transmission torque management. 1st gear torque is usually set pretty low

Senior Tuner
    You could also probably set the disabled oss rpm to 0 to disable the clutch protection. Stock clutch protection doesn't get disabled until above about 20mph.
    Last edited by murfie; 07-30-2016 at 04:50 PM.