Thread: novice tuner here in need of a expert (cant find much when searching the web)

Potential Tuner

novice tuner here in need of a expert (cant find much when searching the web)

So the vehicle is a 2010 Avalanche flex fuel motor LMG E85, trans 6L80. Mods are minor but enough to make my fuel trims all over. Motor has full headers, no cats , port polished intake/heads and throttle body, aftermarket intake. So far I have had the tuner for a week and love it, the parameters i changed already I have had a blast getting them dialed in. Messed with TM, spark mostly. My LTFT are all over. After familiarizing my self with Dialing in LTFT from many other post on these forums. I figured i would start and order the wide band o2 while it was on the way i would work on LTFT and worry about P.E. later. Used to race old 4 bolt main non EFI motors in my day. After reading and getting to understand V.E. I thought tuning this would be easy. Here is where my problem is , I can not find any primary V.E. tables with map kpa vs rpm any where. After doing some research online i guess the e85 flex fuel are a pain to tune ( at least what some have said). Can someone lead me in the right direction for getting LTFT dialed in , i though about starting with the MAF. Any help is much appreciated. Here is my current tune with everything fuel set to factory settings.

Advanced Tuner
    You don't have VE on that vehicle, you have VVE. VVE has to be calculated via coefficients using the VVE Editor under the Edit Menu

Potential Tuner
    so when you edit this table and hit apply it changes the coefficients accordingly ? Thanks for the step in the right direction by the way

Yes.

But make sure you're applying the same changes to both the open and closed manifold switch options. That's a common mistake.

And for setting up the graph, if you haven't already:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...621#post416621

Short version on the process: Disable MAF, tune virtual VE. Switch to MAF only, tune MAF. Re-enable both, enjoy

Keep in mind you can only tune part throttle areas with fuel trims--WOT/PE areas you really need a wideband to tune. Not sure if you have one or not.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 07-28-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Sweet, thank you gentlemen. I will be busy for the day now Yeah ordered the wide band and it should be here this week.
    Last edited by tomass716; 07-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Great step by step by the way, it almost made it to easy lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Just pay special attention to failing the MAF and setting up filtering so DFCO doesnt skew readings etc

Potential Tuner
    Alright getting there but one more noob question. Should the open and closed manifold tables be identical ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes

Potential Tuner
    Awesome thanks again, Man this program is easy and user freindly. copy paste with multi %, click valley's and peaks, rinse repeat, boom tuned. Another quick question do you re enable DFCO when done or just keep it off? It sounds just fine when i let off the throttle but not sure if thats going to be the case when i re enable the MAF and tune that.

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly it's up to you. Sometimes I leave it on, sometimes I leave it off. If DFCO is left off, it may cause the car to gurgle and pop on decel. Obv you'll pick up a minor amount of MPGs with it enabled