Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque inverse auto populate

Torque inverse auto populate

Any info on the release or if it will ever be released?

I have seen mention of this a bunch over the years on various forums. Even the coyote cookbook made mention of it being released before the book was to be released.

But obviously, it is still not here.

one can only hope and dream lol

Senior Tuner
    Anyone have any info on an easy way to work with a tune file outside of the software? I'm guessing there's nothing and it would have to be done by using the VCM Suite process in some way so people can't modify tunes that haven't been licensed. If there was a way to do it I could develop something for everyone to populate the torque inverse based on engine torque or something similar. I've often wanted to be able to access the file to do little things like this when I'm not working on other stuff.

My day job is a programmer and I'm just getting into tuning on the side

Are you looking for something like in this post: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...or-Spreadsheet

Senior Tuner
    No. A way for the tables to be automatically updated in VCM editor so when you modify Engine Torque the Torque Inverse table will be populated with the correct values based on your Engine Torque table.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    No. A way for the tables to be automatically updated in VCM editor so when you modify Engine Torque the Torque Inverse table will be populated with the correct values based on your Engine Torque table.
    That would be sweet and save LOADS of time lol

Any update on this? Has it been scraped? Working on it? Future release?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    That would be sweet and save LOADS of time lol
    Ack.

I'm hearing that sct have it working with there latest updates, its enabled in there option dropdown list..

I guess if you don't want to do the maths another way is to work it out using the sct tables with the correct x& y scaling then add it back to your hp table ??

We have many tools coming soon. ;-)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

sound interesting :0

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by b00sty View Post
    I'm hearing that sct have it working with there latest updates, its enabled in there option dropdown list..

I guess if you don't want to do the maths another way is to work it out using the sct tables with the correct x& y scaling then add it back to your hp table ??
    Just expressing my opinion here but I will never touch that software. The more demand the consumers can place on a feature the likelyhood it will rise to the top of the priority list. (noting Eric works too much as is and needs a shadow at HPT. )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    We have many tools coming soon. ;-)
    Good to hear! The more tools the better!

Just hopefully soon is soon and not soon enough. Lol

Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    Just expressing my opinion here but I will never touch that software. The more demand the consumers can place on a feature the likelyhood it will rise to the top of the priority list. (noting Eric works too much as is and needs a shadow at HPT. )
    I'm using both & both have there good & bad points but I have to say that the support that Eric & his team have devoted them selves to, HP are forging they way in being the preferred tuning software.

Advanced Tuner
    I would think that the updates and improvements you have seen in SCT are directly related to HPTuners level of support for Ford. That being said, the automated Inverse Torque feature has taken forever.

Any word when the auto-populate for the inverse tables will be announced/released? I have been making a lot of 'what if I change this torque value to see the impact on IPC/ETC errors' and auto-populate would save so much time...
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Bumping this.

Any update? Lol how many years does this take.

Senior Tuner
    Wouldn't this just be a quick spreadsheet, that can be copy and pasted? I know an in-application calculator would be nice, but shouldn't be too much work to copy and paste. Both tables have 10 rows, and although from the factory the load and torque values aren't directly correlated, you can change the row values so they are 100% matching, just like the throttle body tables.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Wouldn't this just be a quick spreadsheet, that can be copy and pasted? I know an in-application calculator would be nice, but shouldn't be too much work to copy and paste. Both tables have 10 rows, and although from the factory the load and torque values aren't directly correlated, you can change the row values so they are 100% matching, just like the throttle body tables.
    Yes. It is that simple but cars like the 2015+ Mustang with over 30 Mapped Points are what really takes time though.

Senior Tuner
    Gotcha - one thing I cannot figure out is the zero torque row. Using any method I could come up with (slope of points lower in table, quadratic formula) I could never arrive at the actual zero torque values in the stock tune. Every formula I used inferred a negative load value for zero torque.