Thread: tune locked, need to flash to oem w ids or hptuners

tune locked, need to flash to oem w ids or hptuners

I have a auction car from Florida the dealership bought, it had a cel on for rich bank one and two. im guessing the intake was swapped out. I tried flashing to oem but ids wont write it. I read the tune, says its locked. I just need it to oem to use hp to tune it for the off road exhaust. how can I do this?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Did you try to flash it with an OEM calibration from the repository? You didn't mention what type car/year/engine....
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    I have a auction car from Florida the dealership bought, it had a cel on for rich bank one and two. im guessing the intake was swapped out. I tried flashing to oem but ids wont write it. I read the tune, says its locked. I just need it to oem to use hp to tune it for the off road exhaust. how can I do this?
    You can always flash with an IDS, you just have to "blank flash." Just as the IDS is going through the bar graph starting communication with the vehicle, turn the key of. The IDS will continue and the show a message saying "Vehicle PCM is blank, would you like to try again or manually enter vehicle?" This is different the manually entering a vehicle from the main page of the IDS... Select to manually enter vehicle. You will need the PCM tear tag. It will then go through a series of operations where you will have to enter the VIN and some other vehicle info (like tire size, cruise control etc.) This will reprogram the vehicle to stock regardless of what calibration was written over the stock calibration......Be noted however, some older vehicles when you do this reset all PATs parameters, so you will need to program two keys to the vehicle to reset those. Basically like you erased all ignition keys and are programming two new ones. Newer vehicles this does not happen.