Thread: went from dbw to dbc and now VE is messed up

Tuner in Training

went from dbw to dbc and now VE is messed up

I bought a mostly finished project that was an lq4 drive by wire with a turbo. it would start and rev up but I soon found out that once the pedal went over 76% which happened before half throttle, it would cut to 0%. I'm pretty sure I could have fixed it with an 01-02 truck tac and dbw throttle body but they are non existant in the junk yards and near $500 for the pair new. way more than the 03+ variety for some reason. So for that reason I spent $40 converting to drive by cable. I had a hard time getting it to start at first with the dbc setup as is would peg the wideband rich when I could coax it to start. I eventually ended up dropping the entire VE table down about 400%. My idle cells in the primary VE table which used to be around 27-29 with the DBW are now around 6-7. Even this low, it still idle and partial throttle revs around 10.5-11.5 on the wideband. At one point I had theses same cells around 4 and it idled a bit rich still but a lot smoother but any sharp throttle movements would spike full lean before starting to rev.

I didn't expect the throttle pedal swap to affect my VE table at all! Does this seem normal or did I miss something in my tune or possibly even wiring? all I had to do for wiring was remove one wire from the pcm that went to the tac and then add 7 more wires to the pcm (3 for the new TPS, and 4 for the IAC valve). Then in system options I removed the ETC from the options for the GMT800 system I am using.

I have attached 2 tunes. the dbc tune is how it sits at this moment. the other tune is before I swithed from dbw to dbc

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

Something else must be wrong, your VE before was more correct looking compared to what you have now. What is looks like now is dangerous and I wouldn't even try to drive it like that.

Never dealt with a swap like that, I'll try reading up on the DBW to DBC swap post a log it might show somethings screwy with the sensors/tps etc.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    here is the last log I took which is using the dbc tune file already posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The TPS doesn't show up and your MAP is maxed at 105kpa, that will cause problems too.

I tired reading up on the swap and it looks like some of the correct stuff was changed to run the DBC but I don't know if that computer can still do it. I just don't know enough about that swap to help more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    The car is in PE mode, due to the fact the map is maxxed out. You got some wiring issues going on with the map sensor. PE is commanding 1.28 .. Heres a quick shot.

Attachment 61429

That's why you have dropped your VE table to compensate for PE mode. Once you get the MAP figured out, it will drop out of pe mode, and your old VE should be just fine.

Make sure your map sensor is plugged in.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 07-28-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Tuner in Training
    Good call on the PE mode! I'm still getting used to reading pressure in kpa and it probably would have been a long time before I figured that one out. lol

thanks!