Thread: 2009 Ford F150 Trans tune

Potential Tuner

2009 Ford F150 Trans tune

Good Evening, I'm trying to understand if the new version 3.2 offers more support for tuning my 2009 Ford F150 TCM?

I was going to read my current tune for the company that tuned it for me so they could review it with 3.2 and when I do a read it asks me to select the TCM hardware? I see Black Oak, Green Oak and ZF6Hp26. Not exactly sure what to use?

the truck is a supercharged 5.4 2009

thanks for any insight. My truck certainly needs transmission help. I'm hoping 3.2 is the answer.

thanks
    Last edited by bheeres; 08-04-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Tuner
    With the release of version 3.4 is there more transmission features available for tuning?

Potential Tuner
    Are the 6R80 08-10 applications supported? the ones that have the TCM inside the unit.

We do not currently support these.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric-HPTuners View Post
    We do not currently support these.
    Thank you for the quick reply, Do you have plans to support these?

Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply, Do you have plans to support these?
    Yes, but no ETA
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Eric, is there any update to HPTuners supporting the ZF trans in the 2009 F150s? If there will not be support then I need to figure out a way to get a different trans in the truck. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bheeres View Post
    Eric, is there any update to HPTuners supporting the ZF trans in the 2009 F150s? If there will not be support then I need to figure out a way to get a different trans in the truck. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately there is not currently. I do hope to get it supported, but I have no ETA.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Sharmz
    I hope so to, the only reason i bought this HP tuners cable is to tune my 2009 F150 transmission (shifts are to weird, i heard the OEM had a updated flash from OEM), under transmission there is nothing. I come from an assembly programming/WinOLS / OLS300 background i wasnt aware the suit lacked basic support for common models, im scared to try the next car and waste another 2 credits to see a lack of support. does reading the file take credits, can i do a test read, and decide if i want to licence file i wasnt paying attention to the steps i took to licence file.

Reading does not take away credits