Thread: Id like some better info on a few options in trans tuning

Tuner

Id like some better info on a few options in trans tuning

What is the overall effect of "Spark ramp out" / "TqMGT"
    What are people setting this too? Leave it stock? Set it to 0?

What is "neutral Downshift skip"
    What is "skip down shift"

What are most of you guys setting your Trans TM to, i want to keep TM alive due to my trans being a 6l90 in a CTSV but i'm looking to get opinions on somethings.

Tuner
    I'm basically looking to keep TM active, while having firm, quick shifts..
    So looking to see what each thing does as i can't find a explanation of them all.

Tuner
    bump

Post the tune.

I have only changed like 3-4 things to get the shifts I want. Upshift Shfit torque adder I think is the base shift time, base shift pressure x and the on-coming pressure presets to achive the shift feel I want.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Not a tune question.

Just wanted to understand what each thing meant and does and how it applies to trans shifting. I have no idea what "CT Downshift means" and i'm looking to learn and understand. I've searched and found some information but nothing that really lets me know what each option does..

Its more of a Information question.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    Not a tune question.

Just wanted to understand what each thing meant and does and how it applies to trans shifting. I have no idea what "CT Downshift means" and i'm looking to learn and understand. I've searched and found some information but nothing that really lets me know what each option does..

Its more of a Information question.
    I'm in the same search, although, I haven't found the "skip shift" setting. I am taking all the tm away while in performance mode. I'm trying options like speed vs, RPM and so on, to get my shift points.
    I'm quite interested in the color coding.
    My 1st attempt at increased shift stiffness and rpm, I hit a rev limiter in the 1-2, but same rpm for 2-3, was great and hit hard, considering my increase is quite minor.
    I got a few buddies on my Regal site, I'll share your and my questions, as I'm sure 2 of them know.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Tuner
    I have the trans and everything performance wise how i want it.. Just looking to get info about stuff.

Me as well, except one part, still working that out with scans, but like you, I look through everything, and it's nice to know what it is, does and even how to best set (opinions)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Tuner
    Exactly.

I'd like to know what each does, like i have no IDEA what CT Downshift is?..

I'm assume garage shift is when you'r shifting from park to another gear in the garage?.. maybe?

I'm going off recommendations from other tuners and how its setup but i would still like a break down of each options in that section.

Advanced Tuner
    CT Downshift is "Closed Throttle Downshift". It's rather hard to get answers as to exactly what each setting really means, or more importantly, how it actually affects things. However, I think I got an answer to most settings in the V6 trans section if you browse my posts there.

Tuner
    Which Thread?..

Advanced Tuner
    It's not all in a single thread - you kind of have to look around in the V6 trans threads... Just look for threads started by me in the V6 Trans area.

For example: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ement-Settings