Thread: setting a tune for 4x4?

setting a tune for 4x4?

this is my last minor bug on my2003 5.3 swapped ZR2 s10.

2003 s10 zr2 using a 6106 pcm (blue/green) thats drive by cable. donor motor, harness and PCM were from a 2003 4x4 silverado and drive by wire.

In order to get my analog AC system to work i had to run an express van tune, when i use this tune my trans will not shift gears in 4x4 low range. If i run the donor silverado tune, change it to drive by cable, the trans shift fine in low range, but my AC will not work. I have tried (2 years ago when i did the swap) to change the AC settings but they didnt work no matter what it was set on. At the time it was hot and i wanted AC more than low range. so i went with a van tune and have been running ever since.

well now i want the last of the bugs worked out. Is there any way to set a van tune up for 4x4, so that i can get low range to work 100%? Im not seeing anything in either tunes that would allow me to enable 4x4. am i missing it? or is this something support can change for me? or is this not a changeable option in tune?

i will add both a silverado tune that i setup for the truck to start and run and the van tune i have been running on for a while.

Thanks!

82015 file update ac idle speed.hpt

zr2 5.3 swap first start adjusted LS7 IAT sensor.hpt

A segment swap will work
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Which segment am i swapping? I tried swapping the trans and system segments from the silverado tune to the van tune (at different times) with 2.25 beta when it first came out and neither worked.

Also tries swapping the van system segment to the silverado tune to get AC working and that didnt work on 2.25 either.

anyone got any input on this?

Have you tried the segment swap with a newer version..
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

i will give it a try again with the latest version of 3.2 tonight and see what happens.

tried it with both 3.2.26 and the latest download 3.2.49

Segment swap did not work on either of them. I selected both trans and trans diagnostic segments and use the swapper utility both times. am i missing something?

72816 silverado trans segment swap test version 3249.hpt van with silverado trans segment

2003 silverado 5.3L engine swap stock tune.hpt silverado donor engine tune.

so just for sake of sanity, i uploaded the stock silverado tune from post #8 (switched to DBC and no vats) and the truck runs, drives, shift 1-2 and 2-3 in low range (didnt go fast enough to see about 3-4 or lockup), but it will NOT kick the AC on even with it set to analog cycling. i can command it with the scanner, but the tune wont control it.

This means im still stuck at square 1.

if i get time, i may try and use my stock s10 file and do an engine segment swap from the van, see if that works. im lucky in the fact that the S10 file, silverado file and xpress van files are all the same OS.
    Last edited by 6speedblazer; 07-28-2016 at 06:52 PM.

How do you have the A/C wired. For the S10 or the Silverado..
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Ok looking at some wiring diagrams. Looks like the S10 and van A/C is wired the same way.. The Silverado is different..

Try the engine segment swap on your stock S10 file and see if it works..

Ac is wired for analog cycling. Meaning it needs 12 volts from the hvac controls to switch on. The silverado is serial cycling which is controlled via the bcm.

I will try the engine segment swap tomorrow and see what happens.