Thread: 545rfe ram 1500 tcm question

545rfe ram 1500 tcm question

Hello.
    I was wondering why in the tcm section you see autostick disable on a stock file, when my truck is a sport with autostick mode. The some in the pcm section on variable camshaft under airflow/general "equipped" is disable. Does anyone knows why?.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Wilde View Post
    Hello.
    I was wondering why in the tcm section you see autostick disable on a stock file, when my truck is a sport with autostick mode. The some in the pcm section on variable camshaft under airflow/general "equipped" is disable. Does anyone knows why?.

Thanks.

With regards to the Autostick switch...

The +/- switch on your gear selector is actually for what is called "Electronic Range Select" not "Autostick". That's why the Autostick shows disabled but the Elec Range Select is enabled.

With regards to the Variable Camshaft switch showing disabled...

Sometimes this switch doesn't do anything and the calibration just has it set to disabled. Some calibrations never had it corrected to enabled from the factory (if the vehicle does in fact have it).

Got it.....thanks.

Javier.

Tuner in Training

what year is your ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Wilde View Post
    Hello.

Thanks.
    my 04 doesn't even show up on the list of transmissions. I have 545RFE. I was told they are supported and that was the main reason I made the purchase when I did.

What happens, if I change to Autostich select ?

I hate the tranny for ignoring my manual shifts.....