Thread: Compare Function changes between 3.x and 2.24....

Tuner in Training

Compare Function changes between 3.x and 2.24....

Hi,

Was curious if the compare functions would ever be "polished" up to the level they were at in 2.24...

As a guy still learning... I like looking at multiple tunes in the repository, and comparing what other people have changed and then researching why...

One of the thing I miss most is the ability to look at a tune file and see immediately how many parameters are the same between 2 files, how many are different, and just generally how many are able to be edited in the file to begin with...

2.24 had this ability.... Will 3.x see it return?

Thanks!

I think that might be the only feature 3.x compare doesn't have vs 2.24. 3.x uses a better method for comparing so it will show you more accurate results than 2.24

We have no plans to add back the simple parameter counters for similar vs different parameter counts.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I think that might be the only feature 3.x compare doesn't have vs 2.24. 3.x uses a better method for comparing so it will show you more accurate results than 2.24

We have no plans to add back the simple parameter counters for similar vs different parameter counts.
    Keith, what about compare for VVE tables and DTC's where you can physically see what is in the compare file vs the Main file? Would be nice, and time saving, to be able to copy and paste the compare files info (especially the DTC) in to the file we are working on.

Also, but minor, can the VVE page be made to open in the Manifold Open mode.....always have to remember to go to OPen.....I am assuming, like me 99.9% of the time we are tuning in the Manifold open mode.

Thanks,

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-22-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Keith, what about compare for VVE tables and DTC's where you can physically see what is in the compare file vs the Main file? Would be nice, and time saving, to be able to copy and paste the compare files info (especially the DTC) in to the file we are working on.

Also, but minor, can the VVE page be made to open in the Manifold Open mode.....always have to remember to go to OPen.....I am assuming, like me 99.9% of the time we are tuning in the Manifold open mode.

Thanks,

Ed M
    Agree 100% on both. Especially about being able to compare VVE 'tables'...
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Compare VVE won't happen.

I think we can improve the form to remember more user settings.

To add on the VVE window, it'd be nice to have the zone boundaries available in the VVE window for editing as well so generating the coefficients could be streamlined. I constantly find myself trying to get the zone edges to match up and be smooth by having to exit out of the VVE tool to manipulate the zone boundaries then re-open the VVE tool to recalculate.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

This is certainly discouraging...

As I truly found the 2.24 method to be much more intuitive.

I'm constantly comparing identical vehicle calibrations... In a situation where I pull a read from a vehicle and then go compare to a "stock" file in the repository, and instead of actually being able to compare the files like I used to... Alot of items just "grey out" when I click on them to view the differences...

Eh well... Guess I'll just get used to it.

I certainly don't see the compare function in 3.x as using any better method though...

Advanced Tuner
    Just to add mine:

I too have found the (non) DTC compare to be annoying, it was useful to go and compare quickly what DTCs were set off vs. on between 2 files, I can't do that since V3. Further, as a dodgy old programmer from years past, I don't see why THAT would be very hard at all to add, though it might be way down the list...

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Would be nice to at least be able to hit 1 2 3 or 4 when a DTC is selected to quickly switch between the options. Takes a while to go through each one, drop down the drop down list, pick whatever you want and move on. I thought this was added back at some point but it wasn't working for me over the weekend.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

V3 still had DTC compare. When viewing your primary file, the dtc list uses the standard compare colors to let you know if the DTC is the same, comparable, changed, and different from your compare file.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Would be nice to at least be able to hit 1 2 3 or 4 when a DTC is selected to quickly switch between the options. Takes a while to go through each one, drop down the drop down list, pick whatever you want and move on. I thought this was added back at some point but it wasn't working for me over the weekend.
    the number keys are functional in 3.2

Weird, maybe I was going it wrong. Will try again later.