Thread: 411 PCM Gen II OS Swap question

411 PCM Gen III OS Swap question

I did a bit of reading and just wanted to make sure I am understanding this correctly and that nothing has changed over the years for OS swaps. I was always under the impression that if you wish to take a licensed 411 or P59 PCM and load a different OS into it example. 2002 Camaro to a 2002 Tahoe etc.. to enable Flex functionality, I would need to purchase credits for the Tahoe file aswell just so that I can load it into the PCM? Or has there been changes with the new HP tuners where you can swap for free as long as you have the same licensed PCM?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mourat; 07-20-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    You have to license the PCM (obviously) and then you will have to license any new tunes (at cost) that you may write on that PCM. The only exception I know of this is that you can write entire a custom OS such as the 2 bar sd tune that is based off of your existing tune at no cost.

That doesn't make as much sense in type as I had hoped... but I mean if you have a tune and choose to upgrade to a custom version of it that no longer costs credits, but if you want a whole new OS, such as one from a different vehicle, That will cost credits.

Hmm.. I have a friend's GMC Sierra that I tuned, I wonder if I can just use his file and load it onto my PCM. I guess I'd have to do a segment swap for the transmission and that's it. Now to find out if I can load a 2003 Sierra normally for a P59 PCM into a 411
    Last edited by mourat; 07-21-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Does anyone know if an OS from a P59 PCM will load into a 411 without issues?

It shouldn't. P59 is a 1MB PCM whereas P01 (0411) is 512kB.

Advanced Tuner
    Correct, you cant. Its a 1mb file vs a 512k.. However, I have doubled a 512k file, and loaded it into a 1mb flash, and the computer worked as a 512k.. This takes some skill, not everyone will understand what I said...
    Thanks,

Dustin