Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just switched to e85 what you think is wrong

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I have the return rail setup so If they make one to replace the one I have sure would make it nice and easy if someone knows if they do please let me know.

Advanced Tuner
    Well made a trip to jegs today and bought everything to run 8an from the tank to the y right before both fuel pump then y and back to the 6an up to the rails. I got it all wired in and plumbed in tonight I havent gone for a drive yet but did start the car and with fuel pressure gauge hooked up I got 60-62 at idle and if I unplug the vac line from the frp It goes to about 66 so tomorrow when I get back from work I am going to go for another drive and see what I got. Will post results tomorrow night as long as it is not raining.

Advanced Tuner
    I went for a test run last night and you can see I am not going lean anymore even at 5700 rpm. I am still maxed out on injectors so I will not beable to switch wastegate spring until I switch them. But I also am not sure if the injectors are set right with the new fuel pressure settings I am running. I also think thru boost I rich and I know during crusing I am rich I see how much fuel the 02 sensors are pulling. Please take a look at log and tune and see what you guys think. Thanks In advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    yea if ur at the 66psi pressure and then 60-62psi under idle vac that will be why u are rich at cruise now, the reg needs to be swapped out for one that will return more volume so it can stay at 58psi base pressure, sounds like it helped a bit tho but still need injectors by the sounds of it being still maxed out least u know the volume of fuel is good now just the next step before u change the spring should be sweet, if u change any fueling now it will need changing again after the reg is changed back to what it was with the 58psi

If you want a constant "effective" fuel pressure at the injector tip then fuel pressure would need to go down while in vacuum and up while in boost, which is what he's seeing

So, not sure I agree that he needs to change the regulator.

At most you're talking 3-4 psi anyways, not a huge number.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Shouldn't his injector fuel rate be all one # being a return style vacuum setup, along with his offsets all set the same,..... No one seeing this? I see you set the fuel pressure rate at 72.6? Way high for ls3 injectors. And your offsets should be the same from 0 on up.. you still have the old offsets in place.

Fuel>General>Offset
    Offset vs. Volts vs. VAC

Take your ZERO column, from 4.5 to 18 volts, and copy it to the rest. 0, 5, 10, etc should all match what zero says.

After watching your log, I still think your out of injector. Pressure or not.......
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 07-26-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    I wasnt thinking I was going to need to switch the regulator know I was thinking it will work. I also have my injectors all figured at the 72.6 since they are 60lb but I remember right couple years ago when I put them in I had to switch them to 72.6 something to do with they are 60lb injectors at like 43.5 psi so you have to re-figure them. I also am thinking maybe since my fuel pressure is a tad higher know I need to re do them again but dont really remeber how to do it or what to change them to know. I also see the offset vs volts table and I had no Idea them are supposed to all match I dont think I have ever touched that table. So you are saying I need to change that whole table.

Senior Tuner
    it will work with that reg but u will just have to adjust a little for it ( when mine was at 75psi it did run fine ), for the offset table u need to have each column the same because the ref reg is doing the adjustment to fuel now not the tune, try just as above says to copy the zero column into every column so they are all the same will fix that

Advanced Tuner
    Here, I made the table the way it should look and screen shot it for ya.
    Attachment 61425
    Thanks,

Dustin

Senior Tuner
    u could even lean your enrichment a little if u go to 1.220 which is 8:1 afr it might get the injector duty down a smidge

Advanced Tuner
    I may play with my enrichment a little also I did go thru and remove 5 percent fuel from about everywhere that was not under boost since short terms were removing fuel the whole time. I also went in and removed some fuel from the boosted sections that are showing .68 and .69 lambda I was figuring I would like to see closer to .74-.75 lambda while under boost. Figured that would still be a safe zone.

Senior Tuner
    thats still pretty rich for e85 i have mine at lambda .812 ( BE 1.220 ) which is 8:1 under boost enrichment and lambda .870 ( PE 1.148 ) which is 8.5:1 for the n/a enrichment, E85 max power lean is 8.5:1 and max power rich is 7:1 and stoich is 9.765 i found the 8:1 good under boost good cooling but much more i did notice a loss in power or even going back to 8.3:1 is still good also, u will prob save a bit of fuel leaning it back a bit more

Advanced Tuner
    I may get some time in the next day or two to see how it goes I did lean it back a little more know then. If I go to a cruise in tonight I will have a good idea how it is doing but Otherwise I am loading on trailer Wednesday to plan to head to Louisville nationals for the rest of the week.