Thread: Select Shift not working after Gear/Tire Change, 2012 F-150 5.0L

Senior Tuner

Select Shift not working after Gear/Tire Change, 2012 F-150 5.0L

I recently did a gear tire change and some minor tune adjustments to a 2012 F-150 5.0L and the customer reports that the Select Shift no longer works. Has anyone come across this situation?

I'll try to get the tune posted later this evening. Any help is appreciated.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Bump.

Anyone?
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    If you have enabled gear ratio and tire size make sure that the units you calculated the new tires circumference from are the same as what you are putting in to hpt. It also could be a corrupt flash and you just need to reflash it using write entire. Would need to see the tune.

Yes, if you havent figured it out yet. if you disable the use vid switch it will not select shift or display gear on dash

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by The Notch View Post
    Yes, if you haven't figured it out yet. if you disable the use vid switch it will not select shift or display gear on dash
    Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to get the truck back in to investigate it further, but my hunch was that it was due to the VID switch.

So, given this piece of information, how would you re-calibrate the ECU for larger tires and gears and still maintain the select shift and dash display?
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Can anyone else confirm that setting "use VID" to disable will also disable select shift and the gear position display? If so is there a fix in the works?