Thread: Need help with tune

Potential Tuner

Need help with tune

My set-up is a 5.3 with stock heads and .650 lift springs, tu1.5 cam, stock intake with 72lb injectors and upgraded fuel system, 76mm turbo with wastegate at 4lbs. Tranny is a th400 w/ a circle d 3400 stall converter, rear is a 8.8 w/ 3.73 gears all in a 1957 chevy 210.

My issue is when I'm coming into boost around 3600 rpm the car falls on its face till it gets above 4200 rpm. I've tried changing plugs and decreasing gap but that didn't help. Before I go and dump a bunch of fuel in this area I'm having issues maybe someone can look and help out.

Also I'm just learning how to navigate through hptuners.....

Advanced Tuner
    I see lots of problems ... First off.. If you watch the logs, your getting knock retard like crazy.. Most likely, the knock sensors (top mounted) are getting false knock.. OR, your crazy LEAN. I don't see you logging short term fuel trims or long term fuel trims? You running a wideband? We need a bit more info... Lots going on, IAT temps sky rocket under boost... So its also pulling timing for IAT temps. If you haven't tuned many boosted cars maybe you should take this thing to a local good dyno shop? Look over some help files? Under boost, why not run a 2bar map and a upgraded OS? Are you still trying to blow thru the stock Silverado mass air flow? We need a whole lot more info besides a few specs.

What fuel pressure regulator is on this rail? Stock? If so your injector data is wrong too. Holy moly.. where to begin???
    Thanks,

Dustin

Everything he said. ^^^

I too suggest you run a speed density tune and you need a 2-3 bar map sensor to be running boost.

Please stay away from the go pedal before a rod exits the block.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I have a wideband and it stays around 12.5 and I thought you could only do fuel trims under SD tune???
    This is a car I built and was trying to learn how to tune on, learning slowly.. I am blowing through the stock maf, and an aeromotive boost reference regulator that is set around 45psi. The injector info was provided and copied and pasted into the file.

Potential Tuner
    I also have a 3 bar map sensor, can I upgrade the OS and transfer over?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you create your own config file for the scanner? Showing your wideband input? If so post that file.

Yes, you can upgrade the OS and start over. I don't know if I would blow through your style MAF, it may max out rather quickly requiring you to scale the tune. That's a whole new area of tuning not a lot of folks grasp right away. I know your trying to learn on this car, but you really started off with a hard engine to tune for your first go around with the software. Maybe download some tunes from the repository and start comparing them to yours. Search out things in common with yours. You will be able to see how folks made changes and to what areas, and might help you understand what were targeting to make things run correctly.
    Thanks,

Dustin