Thread: intermitent starting and idling problem

Potential Tuner

intermitent starting and idling problem

hey guys tried to start turning a mates burnout car today combo goes like this
    standard vt commodore ls1 with a holley hi ram with 102mm throttle body

we drilled a 1/8th hole in the throttle blade
    then was hoping to do the rus k idle tuning method
    drama is couldn't get the car to start would often start then die like its failing the maf
    if you reved it you could get it to go then die
    trieded tinkering with the desired idle airflow to get it to run and idle
    which helped the car would then start and idle without revs but then turn it off and go to start it again and the problem would be back again not starting and needing a rev to get it going

didn't think to get a log of cranking and starting heres the tune file we started with

pisstake fans mod starting.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Why did you drill a hole in the throttle body? That's such a thing of the past. Is the car cammed? What size? Still, most cams can be tuned without drilling. Seems you caused yourself a headache before you got started unless I missed something?
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylumwarp View Post
    Why did you drill a hole in the throttle body? That's such a thing of the past. Is the car cammed? What size? Still, most cams can be tuned without drilling. Seems you caused yourself a headache before you got started unless I missed something?
    .....I agree , with the software these days there is absolutely no excuse to drill holes in throttle blades, ive lost count on the amount of blades ive replaced and also on DBW blades which is a no no, sorry mate but that's the truth , Have you got a log when this is occurring ?Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning