Thread: help with this tune please, ls1 texas speed 220

help with this tune please, ls1 texas speed 220

hey guys, my brother just bought a 98 trans am with an ls6 intake/lid, long tube headers, no cats, texas speed 220 cam lsa is unknown,
    brother said he cant find any o2 sensors put into his exhaust anywhere (it is all after market).
    can you help me with this tune?
    car runs pretty good but it looks to me like the ve tables are stock? is there more to gain here?

tune as Danny bought the car.hpt

also heres a bit of a log when my old man took his car for a drive.dannys car dad driving.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files

im not sure if those attachments are working, ill try again

Do you have wideband o2s?

we have one wideband o2 but we have not installed it yet, so ignore that in that log.

i know i am still very new at tuning fi engines but how is it possible to run in closed loop with no o2s on the car?

to me it looks like the ve tables are stock so its gotta be a maf only tune correct?

VE table isn't stock, it's been touched. It's still a MAF and VE tune, the MAF take over is still at 4,000 rpm per the tune file it looks like.

Your fuel trims seem to be working, log the actual o2 sensor mv's to see if they are even there or look harder for the sensors. Someone did delete a bunch of o2 sensor codes though.

It's a pretty fat tune as well, running pretty rich commanded AFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ok thanks for the help, we went to an 1/8th mile test and tune today here is a couple logs.

must have sensors on it somewhere cuz it was logging them, its best pass today was 8.46 at 87.xx mph in the 1/8th.
    can definitely tell this car could use a loose converter in it.

Next time you do some logs, add a few more pids to your main channel display.

You really want to watch knock retard and add some the other fuel pids. It would help to know what the commanded air/fuel ratio is, the injectors for each bank. These few things are very good know in case it has spark knock or if you may be running out of fuel or if it's not commanding the correct fueling amount.

Don't forget to get the wideband installed, with the amount of mods this motor has you really need to know your real time air fuel ratio. Blowing up a motor is never fun.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ya I should have logged more, I will next time.
    When we install the wide band o2,
    How far down the exhaust should we put it? Its exhaust y's together only about half way down the car so that might be to far away?