Thread: Low VE

Tuner

Low VE

I am running a SD tune on my 98 (02 PCM) H/C FI vette, and have run into a strange issue
    My VE table has very low #s in the 400-4000rpm to about 80 KPA compared to every table Ive seen or tuned (stock, modded, etc)
    I have 19s-20s through around 400rpm-2000rpm and 35KPA. When I set up and scan STFTs, It just keeps me pulling and pulling until they are that low. I know they #s are not correct because once they are low, I get tip in, and when I start the car warm, it will go to flat line (18 afr) on my onboard wideband.
    I really want to tune it with the STFTs because of the ease, but something is obviously not right. I am not a veteran tuner, but have tuned the MAF and VE tables on several cars with great success, and never seen this before.
    NOTE: For what its worth, the car was DEAD ON when I had the 98 PCM in, but although the car is strong and runs good, I have never gotten all of the bugs out of it since the swap.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    C5- forged LS2, ported Dart pro 1s, custom Tick blower cam, P1SC1 at 13psi, 4" intake and charge pipe, alky control 100% meth w dual injectors, 255 walburo, BAP, yella terra, FAST 90, ported LS2 TB, RPM stage VI, SY3500, 3.42, 335 Ra1, Lots of Body mods

Why don't you use the wideband to tune the VE table?

That's the only way I've ever want to do it with a FI motor, it seems way easier to use a AFR error instead of the STFT to me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Theres just so much more involved in getting under the car and hooking up the sensors, running the wires into the car, then getting it synced with the scanner. I know its more accurate, the STFTs are just a couple of clicks and ready to tune. (which doesn't help much if its not accurate)
    C5- forged LS2, ported Dart pro 1s, custom Tick blower cam, P1SC1 at 13psi, 4" intake and charge pipe, alky control 100% meth w dual injectors, 255 walburo, BAP, yella terra, FAST 90, ported LS2 TB, RPM stage VI, SY3500, 3.42, 335 Ra1, Lots of Body mods

Set dtc P0101 - 0103 to fail first error and check ses. You can zero the maf above idle ( may need it to start the car and get it to fail over) to double verify you are in Speed density. Should have check engine and no pedal.

Recheck ve values.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Bumped the VE table up a bit and set 101,102,103 to MIL on 1st. Started the car and it didn't want to run. Pig rich by gauge and no MIL light. I checked DTC and had codes for them.
    As a note, 106 is "unchecked, and a "2", no MIL light. It I a MAP sensor so it seemed odd it was not activated. (I didn't uncheck)
    Is it possible my "H/C, intake, full exhaust car is really that "inefficient" out of boost? The cam is a decent size blower cam but on a 117LSA
    What should my clylinder airmass be at low and cruise rpms?

Did you place a check in the 3 SES boxes?

What injectors are you running?

Cyl airmass at idle s/b like .1X to .2X.... Map with a blower cam about 45 to 50 or so.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    I don't have a check in any of the boxes (102, 02, 03) They are all unchecked and "were" at no MIL light

I am running 80lb injectors and set up everything based on the info the manuf. sent me. I figured maybe if they wound up being set up a little rich, it might be causing the VE table to request less fuel, hence the lower #s.

My airmass is around 2x at idle, and KPA goes to around 65-75.

Thanks for your help

Advanced Tuner
    You need to check the boxes to enable the maf to fail correctly.
    Thanks,

Dustin