Thread: Card type IAT/MAF...

Advanced Tuner

Card type IAT/MAF...

Hi,

Has anyone got an accurate IAT curve for a card type MAF's IAT when used in a gen3, i.e. older ECU...?? I have one, but I am thinking it's not accurate, the (OL) fueling at idle goes steadily leaner as the engine bay heats up....

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    ...nobody knows then...???

-D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried just copying the curve from a ls3 Camaro? Should be what you need although scaling may be different. It will be easy to pick out the data you need though.

Advanced Tuner
    Scaling it doesn't work correctly in my opinion. Its like putting a bandaid on the problem. I would get a bung, and a IAT sensor from a CTS-V, do a breakaway harness and call it good. The curve is so different on the ls3 to the 411 pcm its crazy. Unless you can change the axis points of the IAT for the 411 pcm, your better off doing a breakaway. Unless others can chime in on a good working solution, not a bandaid.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    Hi, thanks folks,

-well, mine is deg vs. percentage (?? wha??) whereas a camaro is a more logical deg vs. ohms (resistance). Trying to scale that would be a laugh.. (not).

I have some curve that someone created, but I forgot who! And it seems right at lower temps (the outside air temperature here could be 50c on a bad day, routinely it is 30 to 40, engine bay says 65 if not moving...) but it seems to go inaccurate (I think) as the engine bay temperature climbs

I can go back to the original sensor, my k&n aircleaner still has it, but I would rather use the card MAF one... hmm perhaps I will swap back as a test and see what I get..

kr D.