Thread: General fuel system question

General fuel system question

As it relates to the ease and effectiveness of tuning a modified N/A engine. One that originally had a non-referenced regulator and tune. LS1 2002 F-body M6.

If it has an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a vacuum reference port now.......

Is it better to run manifold vacuum reference to fuel pressure regulator and static flow rate vs kpa numbers?
    Or leave the regulator alone (port open to atmosphere) and leave the injector flow rate scaled like it is for the stock type regulator?

I would think the vacuum referencing would be better if I had the option. Not sure what "ripple effects" might be caused in the calibration by doing this if any. Or is it a waste of time to bother with it?
    Last edited by CRTD; 07-13-2016 at 06:05 PM.

I'm surprised that nobody has an opinion on this.

Senior Tuner
    think it should be fine either way but if u set it like stock at same fuel pressure then u should be good to go but if u change it to vac reference then u will have to adjust the tune to suit and prob have to make some fueling changes also

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    think it should be fine either way but if u set it like stock at same fuel pressure then u should be good to go but if u change it to vac reference then u will have to adjust the tune to suit and prob have to make some fueling changes also
    Personally I think it's better to run vac/boost reference.

Senior Tuner
    yea do agree just little more to change but least it will be accurate, just make sure u change everything u need to in the tune so it suits vac ref like offsets ect