Thread: Wrong indicating speed

Potential Tuner

Wrong indicating speed

Hey All,

I am brand new to using racerender so please forgive me if this is an easy fix. My video is indicating the speed incorrectly. As you can see in the video my top speed is 202 mph. My actual top speed at this track on this day was 123.23 mph. How do I correct this problem?

Thanks,

Rick

This is most likely a case of it actually displaying in km/h (202 km/h == 125 mph). Although the default text on some templates may be "MPH" or "Km/h", the actual speed units displayed will be whatever your project is set to.

So, you have two options here:

1) If you want Km/h: Change the display object to say KM/H instead of MPH. With this particular template, all you need to do is double-click on the "Speed Number" display object to open its properties box, then change " MPH" to " KM/H" and press the "Apply" button.

2) If you want MPH: Click on the "Project Setup" button (above the main preview screen), then click its "Other Settings" button (at the bottom), and there will be a "Preferred Speed Measurement" setting... Setting that to MPH should do the trick, and that will also then become your default for the future projects. If it's already MPH, then the units in your data file were apparently misinterpreted, so close out of these screens to get back to the main screen... Now double-click on your data file in the "Input Files" list to open its configurations screen, go down to "Vehicle Speed" and select your speed data channel, then use the speed conversion boxes on the right to convert it from km/h to mph.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    This is most likely a case of it actually displaying in km/h (202 km/h == 125 mph). Although the default text on some templates may be "MPH" or "Km/h", the actual speed units displayed will be whatever your project is set to.

So, you have two options here:

1) If you want Km/h: Change the display object to say KM/H instead of MPH. With this particular template, all you need to do is double-click on the "Speed Number" display object to open its properties box, then change " MPH" to " KM/H" and press the "Apply" button.

2) If you want MPH: Click on the "Project Setup" button (above the main preview screen), then click its "Other Settings" button (at the bottom), and there will be a "Preferred Speed Measurement" setting... Setting that to MPH should do the trick, and that will also then become your default for the future projects. If it's already MPH, then the units in your data file were apparently misinterpreted, so close out of these screens to get back to the main screen... Now double-click on your data file in the "Input Files" list to open its configurations screen, go down to "Vehicle Speed" and select your speed data channel, then use the speed conversion boxes on the right to convert it from km/h to mph.
    I used the very last instruction and it worked perfectly.

Thanks, but I might just keep the video anyway, it does my ego good.