Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help tuning for cam

Tuner in Training

Need help tuning for cam

Would anyone skilled like to review this file and guide me to calibration success?
    Attached Files Attached Files

At a quick glance I didn't see anything that looked horrible.

It does look like you need to set your MAF dtc's to fail on first error to make sure it's in speed density mode for tuning the VE.

A log of the vehicle running could tell how close it is getting. Are you using a wideband to tune?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yes im using innovate lc2.

Tuner in Training
    its a 94 s10 5.3 /4l60e swap 3100 tci stall..texas speed 224r 600. 112lsa/ ls1 intake.. my buddy helped me get it this far..id like to finish dialing it in .but dont know where to start .Thanks in advance

Without a scan log of how it's running, I can't really tell you what needs work.

I am only assuming it's going to need more VE tuning and MAF tuning, then you can work on fueling for wide open throttle and so on.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help !!ill try to get scan log up soon

Tuner in Training
    hey 5fdp when u say log of it running are u talking ideling in the drive way or running down the road.?

Everything I guess.

Just a normal drive with some idle spots and some throttle runs. That can tell you how it's running, if you have knock or if it's got crazy fuel trims it should show on a decent 10-15min scan.

Tuner in Training
    right on..just worried of damaging somthing,what would be dangerous numbers as far as a/f goes?

Tuner in Training
    OK 5FDP I got one of it ideling and 1 of me doing normal driving
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    it stalled twice when turning around at a dead end ...i had a 3rd log of me hitting it a little harder but did not save before i cut the engine off...hoping those two logs wil ltell u somthing .thanks in advance

It's running pretty darn rich all the time because it still needs to be tuned. Your wideband is showing 10-12 afr all the time mostly.

Are you running a MAF sensor on this setup?? Because if you are still trying to run speed density to tune the VE table, have you set the DTC's like I said in my first post to make sure it goes into speed density.

You can remove the MAF pid from the scanner if you are trying to tune the VE only, you don't want it in there. Getting the VE dialed in will make a ton of difference in how the truck drives and it's manners. Once that's better you can switch over to tuning the MAF curve with your wideband, if you are running a MAF. Switch back over to closed loop like a normal running motor and see what's happening from there. You may have to do more idle tuning to prevent surging and stalling when coming to a stop.

Tuner in Training
    yes im running a maf but not against removing it if it makes it easier on me..not sure yet how to set the dtc..ill have to look into that..any other advice?

I would for sure leave the MAF in a vehicle like this, no sense in removing it. You'd have to wire in a seperate IAT sensor if you did want to remove but it's not needed for what you want.

Go under engine diag, then to DTC's page, the 101, 102, 103 MAF codes need to be set to SES on first error to make it fall into speed density right away. Your friend did everything else but that pretty much, he set the MAF high fail to 0hz and disabled your fuel trims and closed loop functions for SD tuning.

Tuner in Training
    i understand it needs to be tuned..thats what im attempting here...first time newbie, learning as i go..lol

Tuner in Training
    ok maf 101,102,103 have be set to fail on first...how do i dissable fuel trim and closed loop functions?

Tuner in Training
    nevermind u said he has done that already.sweet. ok so now i load these new claibrations in and data log again?

Data logging again will just show similar results, no real reason to just log the sake of logging.

Just kind of take what I've said and read up on threads on how to do the tuning process. You are at the point where you can start logging but with tuning in mind. Taking the data and correcting the problems at hand.

This general how to helped me when I first started out, some of the stuff in here will not completely apply to you so you don't have to follow exactly what is there. It shows you what you are trying to correct for.

http://michigansnowmobiler.com/hptun...ons%20rev2.pdf

Tuner in Training
    ok so my "base tune "is complete?....i just need to dial in ve table in open loop then dial in maf curve and return it to close loop?great article by the way..thank you for that link .

Tuner in Training
    i realize i might have to adjust some other things as well...but Ve then Maf table are my next steps?correct?