Thread: 6R80 Converter lock up

Tuner in Training

6R80 Converter lock up

I am tuning my 14 Gt A6 with a 4C converter. Can someone point me in the right direction to be able to lock the converter on the shift?

Right now the car is not locking the converter in the 2-3 shift for 1.90 seconds and I want to see what impact on e/t's it will have if the converter locks on the shift.

Thanks

Tim

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AkWhtBst View Post
    I am tuning my 14 Gt A6 with a 4C converter. Can someone point me in the right direction to be able to lock the converter on the shift?

Right now the car is not locking the converter in the 2-3 shift for 1.90 seconds and I want to see what impact on e/t's it will have if the converter locks on the shift.

Thanks

Tim
    Should be able to lower the mph of lockup on the 2->3 shift and lock it sooner.

Tuner in Training
    I will change that some more and see if it help. Can you lock the converter in second and will the converter stay locked during the shift if you set the mph correctly in the tune? I'm not sure if it would help the car get down the track faster its just something I wanted to play with.

Thanks

Tim

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wiplash View Post
    Should be able to lower the mph of lockup on the 2->3 shift and lock it sooner.
    What are the settings to lock up the converter?

Tuner in Training
    You can lock the converter at the top of second and have it carry over into 3rd gear. On my Ecoboost F150 I lock mine up shortly after the 2-3 shift. I did have to play with mph a bit since what you put in the table is usually not when it will lock. There is also a delay table that I have lowered quite a bit. I only delay the converter on up-shifts .50 seconds and set the delay on down shifts to 0. There is also a speed ratio that needs to be met before it will lock. Since you have a looser converter, make sure you are over the speed ratio set in your tables when you want it to lock up. Not sure about the characteristics of the 4C, but something to consider.

Converter delay and speed ratio.jpg

I have a really good 4c na converter tune. Car had a cobrajet tb and cams. Pm me and ill send it to ya if you want
    GOD HELP US ALL....