Thread: PI Controller and power demand enrich mode

PI Controller and power demand enrich mode

I have a question on the power demand enrichment mode and commanded lambda. If I were to zero out all the PI Controller at loads of .7 and above for all RPM's, this should effectively shut off all fuel trim corrections at WOT? Is that correct? Now the car should still target the commanded lambda? In my case it's .835. Will shutting off fuel trim corrections impact the ECU targeting that WOT lambda? From datalogging I can see that when first going into WOT from a standstill, the target lambda won't be reached until about 5,000 RPM's. If I shut off fuel trims at WOT, the car will still go to that targeted lambda right? It won't get stuck at stoich will it?

That actually may be a stupid question. The commanded probably uses the MAF frequency and load to calculate the fueling for power enrichment I'm thinking

Advanced Tuner
    Out of curiosity is this on a Coyote? if so, 11-14, or 15+. Sometimes "OP Enrich Req", under Airflow>Variable Camshaft>Configuration, keeps it from even going into your WOT lambda. Once disabled you should see it instantly go to 8.35 on WOT.

Yes this is a Coyote. I disabled OP Enrich Req and I do see the correct lambda being commanded from my datalogging yesterday. So it did work as expected.