Thread: Is my ECU strategy missing?

Potential Tuner

Is my ECU strategy missing?

Hello,

I am quite new to the world of EFI tuning and have been doing tons of research on where to begin. I have read the Cookbook, dug through forums and even reached out to friends involved in OEM calibration. I am starting my journey with my bone stock 2013 F150 5.0 (Copperhead 2048K - Operating System KTCR3C4). I am having a bit of trouble getting the scanner set up to begin data logging and seeing where any base improvements can be made before diving into the wonderful world of bolt on's.

My first concern is the amount of missing channels I am seeing. Please see the screen snip of both the channel table with broken links and the missing search results. This leads me to believe that software does not have the strategy needed to support all of the Sensors/PID's for my vehicle. I have also attempted to repoll the vehicle using the most recent software and still no luck.
    Missing Channels.PNGChannel Search.PNG

At this point, I am most concerned with the missing 'Mass Airflow Period' channel as I am looking at perfecting the MAF curve. I do, however, have the 'Mass Airflow Sensor - [Frequency]' channel available. I can attempt to calculate the period using Period=1/Frequency but I am unsure of how to transition this to create the Period vs LTFT+STFT graph. I have ensured that the period seen on the graph matches that on the editor's table but no luck when logging and I'm confident this is due to the missing 'Mass Airflow Period' channel or calculation.
    LTFT+STFT Graph.PNGMAF Period vs Airflow.PNG

Thank you for reading and I appreciate any help you can provide,

J.

Potential Tuner
    *bump* Please help

Common problem, contact support, use these directions.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...732#post422732

Newby thread with other helpful info

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hp?54426-Newby

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the input. I've emailed support so I hoping to get feedback tomorrow and begin data logging properly this week.

A lot of what I had found was for the Mustang and I was uncertain how much should be applied to the F150 too. Anyways, thank you again for the feedback and additional links.

J.