Thread: 3bar tunes won't load to a 0411 PCM?

Tuner in Training

3bar tunes won't load to a 0411 PCM?

I heard this today. It would explain why my 3 bar tune is unusable in my 411. I talked to a tuner today that said it would be better to use a P59. He also said that he's had issues trying to load the 2 bar and 3 bar tunes with version 3.0 and 3.2. He said he has multiple laptops and only the version prior to ver 3.0 loads the 2 bar and 3 bar correctly.

Anyone else seen/experienced this?

I sent my tune(provided by Ls1tech sponsor) to HPTuners support and they said it has problems, but wouldn't say how they determined that. I described the crazy behavior my tune exhibits (RTT has zero effect, all changes to VE completely ignored, Pulse width is 2.2 no matter what KPA or TPS setting)

I've not tried using any of the "newer" OS's that the 3.0-up uses to convert to but I have edited the older 3bar tunes previously converted with 2.24 and worked perfectly fine. Actually had one in the shop today that worked fine. Started life as a 12212156 and converted using 2.24 to 3bar OS 1261002.

The newer software has updated the OS's so that they aren't locked anymore meaning someone can overwrite the tune other than HPTuners. I'm not sure what other changes have taken affect but I do know that the RTT function within 3.2 up to this point is broken and doesn't work the best. The new OS for the 12212156 is 1263002.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that James. I've been losing my mind. I'm away from home, working contract in Dallas, most of the month, so my time with the car is precious/valuable. To sit there in the car for extended periods of time trying to get basic functionality out of the tune is *very* frustrating.
    Lol.. my tune supplier is now saying he's had bad luck with my choice of 3 bar map sensors. This is the 3rd 3 bar Sensor I've tried and I bought IT on the basis that most folks agreed it was a good/reliable one.
    Here it is.

What 3 bar Map sensor have you had luck with?
    My first one was part number: ACDELCO 12623671
    The 2nd was the old 'brick' style , but because I didn't want to hack up my brand new $800 harness to wire it, I didn't install it.
    The 3rd/current one is: http://www.efisource.com/shop/ls1-st...ar-map-sensor/

Quote Originally Posted by mightyquickz28 View Post
    Thanks for that James. I've been losing my mind. I'm away from home, working contract in Dallas, most of the month, so my time with the car is precious/valuable. To sit there in the car for extended periods of time trying to get basic functionality out of the tune is *very* frustrating.
    Lol.. my tune supplier is now saying he's had bad luck with my choice of 3 bar map sensors. This is the 3rd 3 bar Sensor I've tried and I bought IT on the basis that most folks agreed it was a good/reliable one.
    Here it is.

What 3 bar Map sensor have you had luck with?
    My first one was part number: ACDELCO 12623671
    The 2nd was the old 'brick' style , but because I didn't want to hack up my brand new $800 harness to wire it, I didn't install it.
    The 3rd/current one is: http://www.efisource.com/shop/ls1-st...ar-map-sensor/
    The old brick style is still the most reliable pending it's an OEM GM unit. So much knockoff junk from china these day's it's really hard to tell the good from the bad.

The 1st sensor you had is the duramax map sensor. They are okay however if you are running a cam that pulls alot of vacuum they wont work. They'll only read down to something like 35-40kpa meaning below that you'll be rich. The EFISource is an option and what I currently run however I've had two of those sensors blow apart. So with that said I would either apply some epoxoy around the two parts of the sensor or add 2-3 zip ties around the body of the sensor to keep it from blowing apart.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Found a work around. I uninstalled my 3.2 and reinstalled 2.24. Then reloaded the 3bar OLSD tune. After that, tested the RTT and, with it having the desired effect, went on to use the VE Histograms. Runs like a champ now. On the advise of a friend, I went ahead and ordered a P59. When I got it and tried to install it, I found out about the connector incompatibilities. Ie: 0411 uses RED/BLUE, P59 uses BLUE/GREEN. Doh! No matter, the 0411 is doing great now. I was doing some subsequent reading here and notice that with the new deliveries, the dongle has firmware updates that make version 2.24 incompatible. I wonder if my 2.24 based dongle has some bad interactions with the 3.2 software? At any rate, I'm quite happy at the moment. I actually got to drive the car a few miles and it put a big smile on my face. Next order of business will be getting a -3an restrictor for my turbo. I put a -4an on the feed and, even with the turbowerx scavenger pump, my new engine high oil pressure is pushing oil past my seal and dumping it into the exhaust housing. Embarrassing smoke comes out, but it's "cooking" the oil, not burning it in the cylinders.

Advanced Tuner
    I really hope they do not make the older ones incompatible with 2.24, because frankly the scanner in 3.0 is hard to use, and some of the functions in 3.2 editor don't work like stated above.
    I also have black box pcms that will not recognize under 3.2 but will tune using 2.24. So to me, 2.24 is a necessity at the moment.
    I don't think 3.0 was ready to roll out so soon. They just had too to fix some of the licensing info for dodge/ford I believe so they rolled it out. Nothing like taking good chevy tuning software and making it worse by adding stuff I don't even tune. Thanks guys.
    Thanks,

Dustin

If my dongle stops working with 2.24 because I had to use 3.2 just to load some of the tune repository files I will be sending a nasty email to HPT to fix. The new HPT no matter how much I tried is like Windows 8-10. I'm sorry but it sucks. Us old folks do not want bubbly, 2.24 is amazing.