Thread: newest tune, high knock, bizarre ltft vs stft

Tuner in Training

newest tune, high knock, bizarre ltft vs stft

Ok guys, in this tune there were attempts to bring the ltft and stft close together and do a nice log. unfortunate for me I live in Florida and right now its hot as down below so the IAT was very high as well as it being over 95 degrees out. I run only 93 octane gas as well. Based on the scan, does anyone see a lean issue or a possible rich? I did one WOT run in the scan from 2nd gear then in 3rd gear to see where I was at. Based on the log, how close is this tune? Give me some credit please because I just started this tuning journey 3 weeks ago with no experience but a lot of reading. Thanks for looking!

Just for reference, the car is a 2001 corvette with the only mods being Texas speed 1 3/4 long tube headers, new o2's, vararam intake with the vortex tube that has you install your MAF closer to the throttle body, no cats and straight 2 1/2 exhaust all the way back. No air either.

The main code that pops almost all the time is P1153, lazy heat code for the O2 but from my knowledge and others, its normal for people to get the code from the texas speed headers because the o2's are farther back.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can adjust the delay of the Widebands in the tune to account for the added length between the flange and the O2 sensor. Also, your charts are not populating correctly. Be sure that the channels match the parameters in the charts. Once you have the log set up correctly, then you can adjust your MAF based on the data in the correctly populated charts. Once you have the charts populating properly, drive around and get as many cell counts as possible in each field. Then, you can adjust your MAF correctly.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    You can adjust the delay of the Widebands in the tune to account for the added length between the flange and the O2 sensor. Also, your charts are not populating correctly. Be sure that the channels match the parameters in the charts. Once you have the log set up correctly, then you can adjust your MAF based on the data in the correctly populated charts. Once you have the charts populating properly, drive around and get as many cell counts as possible in each field. Then, you can adjust your MAF correctly.
    Not sure I follow what you mean by charts all over the place. You mean the order or missing charts?

If you want to dial-in your MAF as close as possible, then do it with the charts (histograms). They are in your datalog but not set up properly. They are not populating.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    If you want to dial-in your MAF as close as possible, then do it with the charts (histograms). They are in your datalog but not set up properly. They are not populating.
    I just figured it out today why it was not populating or even running right. Thanks! now I can get back to work. By the way that log was taken here in Florida on a 98 degree day so it was pretty lean as it was considering the air temp was so high.