Going to try to make my long aggregating story fairly short. I have a 1970 Camaro with a supercharged ls3 with a t56 transmission. Car is speed density tuned but ever since I got the car together I have been chasing an issue.

1. First put car together, won't start.... No rpm reading replace crank sensor fires right up

2. Take car around town drives ok for base tune, take it to the Dyno and motor straight dies at 4000 rpms. Replace all kinds of parts fuel, ignition, etc. nothing works. Replace with another crank sensor viola.

3. New crank sensor revs fine and motor sounds crisp, push clutch in 1/4" just getting the slack out and motor shuts off / diesels. Does throw a crank sensor code when the clutch is in.

4. Replace crank sensor with a used gm oem sensor, starts runs fine car dynos running good.

5. Launch the car and do a pull, back fires and shuts off.

6. Drive home and around town and car seems to want to miss fire on take off, and also any hard pull will continue to backfire and shut off.

7. Replace crank sensor with the used ones I have, same issue push couch in it dies, put gm sensor back in same clutch issue.

8. Come out next day car starts up and clutch is not issue. Turn car off then back on, and push the clutch in it dies.

I am really scratching my head as to why changing a crank sensor so many times makes a difference? And none are related. From what I can tell the throw out bearing is good and not locking up car only has 250 miles on it. All wires are good, nothing getting hung up in the clutch. Reluctor seems to be ok from what I can see. Crank is made by k1 and has their reluctor. I have tried shimming the sensor and also filing it so it goes in farther. No luck.

Any help please !!!!