Thread: 7k rpm shift advance

Tuner

7k rpm shift advance

hello i am getting some advance timing and i cant figure out how exactly to just advance it at that certain point
    other than that car runs good cold air intake and cat back exhaust no cats 2015 mustang auto minor trans tuning
    dtc read incomplete fuel systemmustang 5.0 tranny and cat delete tune.hpl2015 mustang cat delete nd trans tune v2.hpt

The ecm is adding timing on its own. Whenever the ecm feels like its safe to add it will. you will see that in negative KR. If you wish to disable These you can go under the Knock retard tab and under knock advance limit it to whatever you feel is necessary. although the vehicle is very conservative on timing
    Last edited by rshoe09; 07-05-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Spark source will tell you which spark table its pulling from. From there compare your load value to your spark source map and find the corresponding cell. The car automatically add timing if it feels it can, but its limited to adding 4 degrees on factory tune IIRC.

Keep in mind there are a few modifiers and multiples that are applied to the spark tables, so don't go trying to run too much spark advance. I'd recommending adding what ever you want to add to the current number:

example:
    catalog shows 25* and you want to run 28, but the tune say it should be commanding 23, don't go and much in 28, do 26 instead as there is obviously a multiplier in effect

Tuner
    any idea why fuel system incomplete