Thread: 2011 Mustang Auto 130mph rev limiter

2011 Mustang Auto 130mph rev limiter

Anyone have any ideas as to why I might be hitting a rev limiter in 4th gear at around 130mph and 6800 rpm's? All other gears go to 8000rpm without any issue. I've got the Rpm patch applied already. log file and tune attached.
    130mph rev limiter.hplFinal Rev3 Street mode.hpt
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    so based on Torque source you are hitting an RPM limit...

Try increasing the mph on the 4th to 5th gear. Sometimes when you leave to much a gap between the minimum speed for the next gear and the actual speed you are going it will upshift anyway. Try changing the cell for row 375 to 130 mph.

The way it normally works is the TCM will wait until you reach the Speed and RPM you have defined. So your speed is the lowest trigger, from there its suppose to wait for RPM, once both are achieve it should command the next gear.

The issue is sometimes when when there is too much of a MPH difference between your minimum and the speed you are going it will shift anyway. This is from my experience with GM transmissions though, but its still worth a shot bc you will be going over 130mph at 7800 rpm anyway.

I suspect setting it to 130mph will increase your shift RPM, it may not let you reach 7800, but should be higher. If that is the case then you will now what cell to adjust going forward.

Side note: Disable "OP Enrich Req". It's under Airflow>Variable Camshaft>Configuration
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jn2; 07-05-2016 at 02:34 PM.

I'll give it a shot. Make sense considering my "dyno mode" calibration will allow full rpm span in 4th gear. That's with shift speed 4>5 set to max value...

Why disable OP enrich?
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    I'll give it a shot. Make sense considering my "dyno mode" calibration will allow full rpm span in 4th gear. That's with shift speed 4>5 set to max value...

Why disable OP enrich?
    I don't see it happening on your log but it normally likes to command a Lambda 1 when you go WOT until 6k RPM. It's best left off to make sure you always go into "Optimum power" at WOT

Potential Tuner
    just wondering if you fixed issue?i have a similar issue but mine is 2-3 shift.also what mods are done to 11 mustang 5.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Chekrazeyou View Post
    just wondering if you fixed issue?i have a similar issue but mine is 2-3 shift.also what mods are done to 11 mustang 5.0?
    Old thread but I wanted to bring this up since I've ran into it a few times on dynos. The traction control shift speed limit is 128mph and can't be raised beyond that on the copperhead cars and is what causes the rev limiter mentioned above even with the trac button disabled. To get around in cars being dynoed in 4th I've had to disable traction control source from 50 to 0, not a big deal but not ideal for a day without your laptop handy. Is this some type of hard limit or just something hptuners is limiting in the software for a max value? I don't plan on spinning the tires above 128mph, but it'd be nice for dyno days.