Thread: fuel trim cell while wideband tuning

Advanced Tuner

fuel trim cell while wideband tuning

Should the FTC be 22 all the time when tuning with a wideband? That trim cell is supposed to be WOT, right? Does it stay at 22 all the time when in open loop since WOT is open loop? If it's supposed to be something other than 22, i can't figure out how to make it happen. I had this car, 2001 WS6, running great in OL, then put it all back in CL, took the wideband out, and went for a test drive before calling the owner and LTFT went to about +20. I switched my sensor on the wideband with another one and am in the process of re-tuning to see what i missed. there's been about a 10% discrepancy between the sensors for some reason but i'm still stuck in fuel trim cell 22.

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, this is one of those cars that report commanded EQ ratio in units of phi, not lambda. i've changed over to a 1 bar MAF enhanced OS to do some RTT. current tune is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

in open loop it will always be 22.....trims are disabled.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Thank God.....thought I might be chasing my tail...turns out the old NTK sensor I picked up was faulty for some reason...had a spare Bosch and it seems to have worked....just got back from a test drive and trims are +or- 4% now.

Thanks, Ed