Thread: Tune help

Tuner in Training

Tune help

Guys,

I had the car on the dyno a few weeks ago and made 13 hp more peak and gained 64 hp over the tune file I was running when my car went 11.46 this year.

Details on the car, 2014 GT a6, 4C converter, Ported Boss intake, baby cobra jet exhaust cams, billet oil pump gears and crank gear, one piece driveshaft, bmr rear suspension with viking crusader shocks, stock airbox with boss intake tube, stock throttle body, trans brake and 2 step, 15inch front runners, 295 55 15 Hoosier drag radial. The car with driver weighs 3675.

This year the best pass was 11.46 at 118.5. This winter I added the boss intake, exhaust cams, trans brake and 2 step, rear suspension. Last year race weight was 3820 and my best pass was 11.46 at 117.

I am missing something in the tune and would like some advice on changes to be made. The car should be faster this year with just the weight reductions.

If you guys need more information let me know, I will attach a data log from the track last night and the tune file I am running.

Thanks for any help.

TimFinal Tune Change 4 on dyno.hptTimWilson 7-2-16 pass 8.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Just an update on the car.

I ran on the 4th of July, the weather was close to the same as on July 2nd. I made some cam timing changes and the car really responded well. My new best ended up being 11.28 at 120 mph on a hot car. I still think there is a little more power left in the car so I'll keep plugging away at the cam timing and see if I can get the car any faster.

Tim