Thread: 2016 Ecoboost Mustang

Tuner in Training

2016 Ecoboost Mustang

How many out there have tuned the 2.3 Ecoboost mustang? I've tuned all gm and can't figure out what's going on with the throttle closing and a CEL when I demand more boost and the car goes into limp mode. I've made some changes to a few things in torque management but nothing changes. Throttle drops to around 43% by redline under WOT.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Ttl/ltt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    What tables am I over looking to adjust this?

Tuner in Training
    Datalogging one of these cars is different that conventional datalogging. You'll need to datalog table such as "Mapped Point Weight" "Throttle Source" "Spark Source" etc. The datalogs will tell you where it is getting it's source from. Then you can adjust the tune from there.

Tuner in Training
    Logging that I get Combistion Stability Limit as the limiting factor, with all those limits raised its still cutting down wide open throttle as soon as I hit around 20 psi. On the driver demand tables I didn't raise them more than 15% so I'm not too sure what's really holding me back.

Desired Torque perhaps?

Tuner in Training
    Later on this evening I'll upload a scan if I can figure this out.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah get us a Datalog, I have experience with GM's LNF engine on a Solstice so I have a good idea on how torque based ECM's work. A log and your file would be nice too...I don't have any ecoboost files to reference

GM's LNF uses desired airload. The EcoBoost does not. It's a bit more complex with EcoBoost, but I think the path forward is to modify driver demand and to tweak all of the various torque and pressure limiters.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I haven't been around the car as much lately, have a few other things going on. Throttle angle source reads Tourque reduced<Driver Demand.While Driver Demand Limit Source reads Combustion Stability Limit. Under Combustion Stability Limit in editor, there's Max Map, Max Brake Torque and Max Brake TQ - Spark Limit. I Raised Max Map to 75 inhg, which is above the set range but necessary for 24-25 psi. And Max Brake Torque, I set to 550. I'm still running into the same issues with throttle closure

Advanced Tuner
    take a look at this and see what yall think.
    look at dat boost.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    i am still fighting the logic here as well. i think i need to start over with this. its not that the car doesn't run well because it does its just that i want the car to reference "driver demand" instead of "torque control" for the etc. every time i reach desired tip the throttle closes to around 30%. all limiters are raised and driver demand is way high but the throttle is still closing. which leads me to believe i have skewed the strategy somewhere along the line. the only thing limiting my boost is the "Desired TIP Max Pressure". When i raise this i get a tiny bit more throttle but ultimately closes. is there a way to manually control boost via the wastegate tables so that my actual tip never reaches the desired? this would in theory hold the throttle open. not sure if it would give me back my driver demand table or not tho. tune and log for reference.

not what i want.hpt
    good example.hpl
    really slow boost here.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    bump