Thread: E38 Speedometer stuck at 158mph, can 3.2 do full flash?

Tuner in Training

E38 Speedometer stuck at 158mph, can 3.2 do full flash?

Okay so I know this issue has been brought up at least 6 years ago but haven't ever seen it solved. I'm hoping that with the new 3.2 version something can be done. I have a 07 LY6 with 6l90E e38 ECM. I have since gone to a manual transmission (TR6060). However, my speedometer is stuck at 158mph, even when I switch to manual transmission and rep tos and anything else. Tried many many combinations in the past and nothing worked. Anyone know if there is a workaround now? Also I know before there was a warning not to flash other OSs onto E38s or you may corrupt them. Is this changed now with the new version? I'd like to just flash a l92 tune onto it and call it a day.

Tuner in Training
    Hmm meant to say l99 not l92, but looking deeper it seems there was never a VVT car with a manual transmission from the factory. I wonder if this is the reason...............

Quote Originally Posted by rindoze View Post
    Hmm meant to say l99 not l92, but looking deeper it seems there was never a VVT car with a manual transmission from the factory. I wonder if this is the reason...............
    Yes, you can go in the Edit menu, then Add Slave Segment Data and do a full flash.