Thread: Blink the last lap time

Tuner in Training

Blink the last lap time

I would like to add an effect that blinks briefly the last lap time, after passing the finish line. Is there a way to program this in the foreground script?
    Also is it possible to show the best lap time only after it's been achieved? Right now the text assigned to the best lap time is basically a static label.

Yes, this can be accomplished using an Enhanced display object with scripting... Essentially, what you want to do is have the Foreground script get the time into the current lap, and if it's within the first 10 seconds (or whatever you determine), then display the previous lap's completed lap time. To make it flash, we have the Strobe() function that can also be used within an if() statement, which will alternate a true/false output based on the time: http://racerender.com/RR3/docs/DispO...ctions-General

That's the quick answer. After the holiday, I'd like to put together a complete example for inclusion in future software releases, which I'll also post to this thread...

Here is an enhanced lap time display that will be included in future versions of RaceRender... It's setup to flash the completed lap time for 10 seconds in yellow (or green if it's a new best lap), and has options that can be adjusted in its Background script. That should be a pretty good starting point for what you're wanting to do.

Lap Time Enhanced.rro

Update: Version 3.4.2 is now available and includes an updated version of this.
    Last edited by Weston@HPTuners; 07-08-2016 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Updated