Thread: Scanner in 3.0 freezing without a crash

Senior Tuner

Scanner in 3.0 freezing without a crash

I see a lot of post about this but no solution. I'm having a issue where randomly the scanner stops logging/everything goes flat. See attached log from dyno this morning. I do not have dual monitors or anything like that and did not have this problem on 2.24 unless the DTC window was open. It was not open for this log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what are the specs of your pc? windows version, ram, processor type & speed
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    I had this same problem, not sure what cause it but if i bring Task manager and give high priority to Scanner process it starts to work quite ok, did not tried to disassembly the program to see if there is a lak of optimalisation to work with cpu/memory or some kind bug in addressing in memory.

i had even Razer Blade laptop (Intel? Core™ i7–6700HQ Quad-Core Processor with Hyper-Threading 2.6GHz / 3.5GHz (Base/Turbo), 16GB dual-channel onboard memory (DDR4, 2133MHz) ) and had same issue too ROTFL.

this is why ill stay with 2.24 and wait until new program code will be fix for good.

best regards

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Update your software, 3.0 is old and has been replaced with 3.2, we cannot troubleshoot bugs in old software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"