Thread: 2015 Chevy SS Whipplecharged Stuck in REP

Advanced Tuner

2015 Chevy SS Whipplecharged Stuck in REP

Okay guys, so I have a friend who recently purchased a Whipplecharged Chevy SS from a dealer. Dealer was completely oblivious that it had a charger installed apparently. Vehicle consistently throws a P0174 right now. The vehicle throws no other DTCs that we are aware of.

The tune on the car is apparently from Whipple, and was uploaded using an SCT Tuner. The car has a perpetual REP (Reduced Engine Power). REP activates about 20 seconds after the car is started regardless of driver input or running conditions.

The owner is continuing to drive the vehicle in this condition and I'm worried it may cause issues. Does anyone have any ideas? I have not licensed the vehicle yet, as I'm not entirely sure what's causing the issue. Would really like to get this sorted out for him
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wouldn't have a clue if the tune itself if it's from whipple is causing the problem but it looks like it for sure has a massive vacuum or something to cause the trims to get sky high all the time. That is if everything else in the tune file is correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    This REP is making me pull my hair out as there seems to be no reported DTC and I cannot perform a freeze frame on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats weird that it would only be bank 2 and not both if it was a vacuum leak. Cant see the log right now cause im on my ipad but wondering if its just an o2 problem
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuner
    LOL map goes to 120. Send tech the tune and have them add "Slave Segment Data". Once they work their magic it will be under the edit menu. This gets ride of the REP

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would return the car to stock, and would not stack tunes. may cause even more issues.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    i would return the car to stock, and would not stack tunes. may cause even more issues.
    Especially if it was tuned with a SCT device. All sorts of weird file corruptions.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    He can't because the fuel injectors are not stock, the vehicle will not run with the stock tune

Quote Originally Posted by SMEC View Post
    LOL map goes to 120. Send tech the tune and have them add "Slave Segment Data". Once they work their magic it will be under the edit menu. This gets ride of the REP
    I assume you're talking about the P1516 error fix? If that's the case, why would it occur at idle and without a DTC?

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Especially if it was tuned with a SCT device. All sorts of weird file corruptions.
    That's apparently what Whipple sends out with their kits. It's the factory Whipple tune - we have not licensed or changed anything with HPT, just read to see what's going on

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HackAbuse View Post
    He can't because the fuel injectors are not stock, the vehicle will not run with the stock tune
    Easy enough to fix. Get a HPT license, load a stock tune file for the car from the tune repository, load your existing tune as the 'compare' tune, and then copy the injector tables from the 'compare' tune to the stock tune. Save and load the new 'stock' tune. Done.

Now you can put a proper tune in it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Da-Grump View Post
    Easy enough to fix. Get a HPT license, load a stock tune file for the car from the tune repository, load your existing tune as the 'compare' tune, and then copy the injector tables from the 'compare' tune to the stock tune. Save and load the new 'stock' tune. Done.

Now you can put a proper tune in it.
    That's what I suggested to the owner, but he was hesitant to take a $100 gamble on it. We were hoping to identify a cause before leaping

Advanced Tuner
    I just spoke to him, it appears they have cleared up the issue. SCT had supplied him with a botched tune, I guess some of the speed sensor calibrations didn't match up, which triggered the REP. Now that SCT has supplied him with the correct cal, P0174 is gone as well.

+1 for canned tunes and SCT.