Thread: Recalculate Lap times?

Tuner

Recalculate Lap times?

I recently recorded a session before I was able to select the correct circuit. I just recorded it in segment mode, and afterward, I figured out how to switch to the (New) circuit. Is it possible to recalculate the lap times without exporting the log to Racerender? Is that something that could be added to the application?

That would be a problem that we'd use RaceRender to solve... There's nothing setup within TrackAddict to recalculate lap times after the fact, or to otherwise rewrite or rebuild files after you've recorded them. Maybe in the future as we make further use of our .TAD file format, since that could be adapted to do it without needing to regenerate and recalculate the entire file, but for the time being RaceRender actually solves this particular problem very well.

If you take a file like this into RaceRender, it will most likely solve that problem for you automatically... If it detects that your file has no completed laps (ie the wrong start/finish point had been set for that recording), but it sees that you were crossing a start/finish point that it knows, it will usually automatically apply that for you and calculate your laps, which can be viewed by pressing the "Laps" button at the top. Or, if it's a track that's not known, you have the option of manually setting the start/finish point for it to use.

The catch is that this applies to Circuit laps (ie road course, circle / oval track, etc), and wouldn't work for segment or drag race recordings where the start and finish lines are at different points.