Thread: Filter help

Tuner

Filter help

I am wondering if someone can help me out with filtering. 5.3 e38. I have tuned my vee table and my MAF, spark table. now I am trying to finish it up with no coast down. I have read and have tried and cannot get it to work. I have tried using [throttle position]>20 and as soon as I exit out of the graph it goes to, throttle position]
    Could someone help me out with this or is there a better way to filter coast down? Thanks
    2011 SCSB Boosted/Forged 5.3

use the wizard and post the exact string you're putting into the field.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Did you literally put [throttle position] > 20 in the filter box? You can't do that.. have to use PID #'s. If you hit "new variable" right above the filter box you can search for PID's that way. Hit the gear icon w/green check mark to filter out stuff you can't use.

Should end up with something that looks more like [50090.156]>20
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Sorry I just didn't know the exact pid. I just go into new variable type throttle position insert then use that >20 if that makes sense?

Yes, just make sure you're using a throttle PID that is being logged. Hitting the gear icon w/green check mark will filter out the ones that you aren't logging (which can't be used)

You can also chart the same PID so you can see what it's showing which can make it easier to understand what the filter is seeing data wise
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-28-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    okay, so here is where to problem is. for example if I go into my graph layout go to my fuel trims vs MAF or wideband vs MAF and then new variable I am logging throttle position in channel, insert throttle position id get [50090.156] (not sure if that's the correct one) then I would inset [50090.156]>20 and shows up pink witch I'm guessing means it recognizes what I want. But once I switch to another graph say spark advance and come back to MAF it shows up as 50090.156] am I suppose to add a time in? Or what am I missing.

If it's pink then you aren't logging whatever it needs

Make the changes like you'd want it setup to filter/chart.. then save the layout file. (Layout-->Save layout as)

Post the layout file AND A LOG and I'll look at it. That way I can see what you're seeing

Tuner
    Okay sounds great I'll do that tonight when I get home. Thanks

Tuner
    I believe I got it to work [50090-156]>20 my problem was I was not hitting average I was leaving it at none. The pid stays in the filter now. So could someone tell me how this works? Where ever the throttle position is, it will not read any data down to 20tp?

Shouldn't have to hit average

Log the same throttle position parameter in a chart so you can see its value. Anytime it's over 20% (assuming you picked % for the units) it will count the data. If it's under 20% then it ignores data.

But the throttle parameters are all over the place.. some go 0-100% like you'd think, some are like ~20% at idle and 80 something % at WOT.. so that's why I say put it in a chart and see what it's values are coming back as

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock