Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cut Torque Ratio (driver demand)

Fuel Cut Torque Ratio (driver demand)

Looking for a clear answer.

The Coyote cookbook contradicts itself. In one section it says to set to 1 and in another it says set to 0.

Then a thread here said there was a mistake and it was supposed to be set to 1, per Don LaSota.

However HPtuner editor says set to 0.

LOL WHICH IS IT?

Senior Tuner
    If anyone could clarify what to set all the torque management parameters to it would be greatly appreciated. There's definitely some confusion there.

I usually set mine to zero. I had this discussion with Don just a week ago.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

I ended up leaving all my Spark and Fuel Torque ratio stuff stock and it drove better than ever after changing them. Did not notice any loss in power or pulled spark or closing throttle as a result (maybe with a big blower or something it is needed but not for bolt ons as far as I can see).

Senior Tuner
    This was my experience as well. I tried changing them around but did not see where it ever improved anything and sometimes my changes made things worse. I'm guessing the best way to do it would be to change only certain entries in each table but I haven't spent the time to see which ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    This was my experience as well. I tried changing them around but did not see where it ever improved anything and sometimes my changes made things worse. I'm guessing the best way to do it would be to change only certain entries in each table but I haven't spent the time to see which ones.

Have you tried copying all the CJ settings?

Senior Tuner
    No. I have actually looked at the Cobra Jet tune file a decent bit to see the approach they took on things though. I was thinking whatever they used was the way that disabled torque management.

Things like RPM limit and TCS shouldn't be changed to maintain those features though correct? Wasn't sure if things like rev limiter and traction control would still work with them turned off in torque management settings. I'll play with these settings next time I have a 5.0 to mess with.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    which coyote are you guys speaking of newer pcm or older copper head?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Didn't even think about that with the OP but I'm talking about Copperhead and I'm guessing the post before me was also since he referenced a Cobra Jet tune. There's a Copperhead Cobra Jet tune in the repository so I'm guessing that's what he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    I usually set mine to zero. I had this discussion with Don just a week ago.
    Thats whats confusing. I believe TXcharlie, if I am not mistaken spoke with him and he told him to set it to one.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    which coyote are you guys speaking of newer pcm or older copper head?
    11-14

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    Thats whats confusing. I believe TXcharlie, if I am not mistaken spoke with him and he told him to set it to one.
    Yep, that's the info I was given. This would be 11-14, as the Cookbook doesn't hit on the 15+ very much.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Yep, that's the info I was given. This would be 11-14, as the Cookbook doesn't hit on the 15+ very much.
    I will say that I know setting the spark torque ratios to 1 works because I always get tipin detonation and even with the tipin spark reduction set to 0, I was still getting a spark drop when stomping the throttle from partial throttle. Setting the spark ratio tables to 1 killed that drop. And I know it works because I still see the tipin detonation in the torque source. So it appears to be working as a ratio just as advertised since I still see the torque source with no actual reduction in spark. I believe txcharlie too. I'm going to try setting Fuel Ratios to 1 as well.

Senior Tuner
    I made the same observation last night. 1 for spark source defintely works. I was seeing tip-in detonation or whatever it says and it wasn't pulling spark.

Here is how the Supercharged Cobra Jet file was setup under torque management, just for others future reference.

Still curious as to what the correct answer for fuel cut torque ratio .

Personally I think zero is the correct answer for fuel cut torque ratio is the correct answer.

Still have not found a concrete answer to this.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    keep it stock 11-14 GT there is i believe driver demand is stock .95 i set to 1
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Still don't understand these settings. Is there a good explanation somewhere?

Senior Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-Torque-Ratio

Explanation from Eric on the first page.