Thread: C6 6L80E doesn't shift at WOT 1>2 or 2>3

Potential Tuner

C6 6L80E doesn't shift at WOT 1>2 or 2>3

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2007 C6 Z51 A6 from a friend. Car has the following mods - Halltech CAI, FAST Manifold,AFR 205 heads milled to 11.5:1, Ligenfelter GT-11 Cam,ARH 1 7/8? headers, 315 Gears and an 08 Valve body in the tranny.

The car runs/rides/pulls great at part throttle. At WOT from a dig, it bangs on the rev limiter and wont shift to 2nd. If I am rolling and launch, it wont shift 2>3, also bangs off the limiter. I've tried lowering RPM and Speed for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, etc... I tried re-entering tires size, gear ratio, rescaling the shift points, and just about anything I could think of, and things haven't changed. I flashed back to the original tune since none of my changes had fixed anything. Here is one piece of info that might be of help... when the original owner had the car, he had CCW Wheels and Z06 size tires on the rear, and the car did not have this issue when I drove it with that configuration. I have removed them and put on OEM wheels and tire sizes, and that is when the trouble started, so I thought the scaling was off, but I must be missing something.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Craig

2007 JJL - Initial Tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried simply dropping your 100% gear tables down say 10mph?

the 6l80e is a bit "slow" so you tend to need to tell it to shift before the actual speed of which you want it to change.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Recalculate tire size to the stock ones and reflash and see what happens. Could be that simple.

Potential Tuner
    Tried both... the tire size is correct and dropped the speed, nothing changed.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Alright. Check your shift tables and lower your mph below the shift rpm. That may be the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Flash it back to the original tune it had before you started messing with it (which was for the CCWs), but before you do, simply subtract one inch from whatever tire size is currently inputed. If that equals to the OEM tires you're now running, then subract another .5 from that.
    Last edited by HeavyChevy305; 07-03-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD