Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limp or Reduced power mode in a competition car, can it be coded out?

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Well I tried to short cut and copy values from another tune in TQ management. in my case the car is close to a ZR1 so I thought what the heck. Used them. I was lucky. I log all changes and have 2 widebands. In my case the changes seemed to work but then I looked at the log. WOW! One bank was running 11.5 the other 17.5 under boost. Just imagine if I would have continued to run it that way. No engine. I have since went back to stock and spent the time to make small changes repetitively until I was close to what I wanted without the side effects. That section is just not documented well. Nor is the TPS area you are messing with. Better to be lucky than good. Most have very negative experiences doing what is done to your car with the throttle.
    Out of curiosity, did you have any fuel cut TM still in the tune? That's one of the first things that I disable in any boosted vehicle to avoid leaning out under heavy throttle in boost.

Potential Tuner
    We figured out what was wrong, ended up being a bad ECU. P0606 code finally popped up. Replaced the ECU retuned it and all is well, at least, so far. . . We're racing at Mid-Ohio next week alongside the Xfinity deal. Hoping for the best.