Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injector tuning

Advanced Tuner
    I hope I don't come across too rude here but there major difference I have observed is this:

- SCT Dealers have had training available to them. Yes it cost money, but it was quite detailed and vehicle specific. If you were in the SCT world there weren't many issues if you had half a brain.

- HP Tuners have not provided/made available detailed training on Aussie Ford tuning.

Therefore it's a no brainer that the SCT Dealers have zero motivation to share info publically, given that they paid for the privledge. A lot of the Dealers talk and share, so they have resources available to them.

HP Tuners caters for a lot of the enthusiasts who are either too tight to pay for training or don't have it available to them....so they poke around here for info and ask people a million questions.

There's enough info around now to get the enthusiast started and believe me there was absolutely nothing publically available a number of years ago!!

I'm surprised only two of us jumped on the Nizpro ZF course when is was opened to the public. That was money well spent. If you're really interested in this stuff you need to invest.

So, inshort, SCT for Aussie tuners have provided software and detailed training. HPT have provided software only....so it's no wonder the HP guys (particularly enthusiasts) want open sharing!

That's how I see it from an Aussie Ford perspective.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    There's enough info around now to get the enthusiast started and believe me there was absolutely nothing publically available a number of years ago!!
    So, inshort, SCT for Aussie tuners have provided software and detailed training. HPT have provided software only....so it's no wonder the HP guys (particularly enthusiasts) want open sharing!

Some very good points, VCM Aust do have a training course but when you enquire about it it is GM. I fully understand your position and, quite frankly, you have been one of the champions for getting the information out. I have seen it where the SCT community has told you to stop this and "pull your head in". We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

But they try and remain secret and that is what we are talking about. Look at Eric's comments it is pretty obvious what SCT is trying to do. For any other platform the information is available but SCT tried to lock it in with their closed forums and not selling the software to the public in Australia. I tried to buy the product and attend their course, "we don't sell to the public" is the polite version of their answer. And can the public attend one of their courses, no way.

SCT chose to market the product in Australia in a different way to the rest of the world so the Australian distributor wanted to be even more closed shop. No help to the enthusiast there, very different to the US version.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Some very good points, VCM Aust do have a training course but when you enquire about it it is GM. I fully understand your position and, quite frankly, you have been one of the champions for getting the information out. I have seen it where the SCT community has told you to stop this and "pull your head in". We all owe you a debt of gratitude.

But they try and remain secret and that is what we are talking about. Look at Eric's comments it is pretty obvious what SCT is trying to do. For any other platform the information is available but SCT tried to lock it in with their closed forums and not selling the software to the public in Australia. I tried to buy the product and attend their course, "we don't sell to the public" is the polite version of their answer. And can the public attend one of their courses, no way.

SCT chose to market the product in Australia in a different way to the rest of the world so the Australian distributor wanted to be even more closed shop. No help to the enthusiast there, very different to the US version.

Currently working on a few courses for next year in Australia. No dates set. Aiming for GM and Ford based courses. Doing my best.

Advanced Tuner
    I addition to some good notes, it was worth it purely for meeting a few people. Building those relationships for me was important, we weren't treated like we were hacks or anything like. As you mentioned, it still blew my mind that alot of shop tuners couldn't justify the expense of the course but a couple of enthusiasts could. The Mustang course was the same for me. I'm not sure I'll ever even purchase/tune a mustang. But it was good to attend, pick up some info and build a repport with some of the guys. There are good guys on here and I really believe it is getting better.

I hope I don't come across too rude here but there major difference I have observed is this:

- SCT Dealers have had training available to them. Yes it cost money, but it was quite detailed and vehicle specific. If you were in the SCT world there weren't many issues if you had half a brain.

- HP Tuners have not provided/made available detailed training on Aussie Ford tuning.

Therefore it's a no brainer that the SCT Dealers have zero motivation to share info publically, given that they paid for the privledge. A lot of the Dealers talk and share, so they have resources available to them.

HP Tuners caters for a lot of the enthusiasts who are either too tight to pay for training or don't have it available to them....so they poke around here for info and ask people a million questions.

I'm surprised only two of us jumped on the Nizpro ZF course when is was opened to the public. That was money well spent. If you're really interested in this stuff you need to invest.

Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    I have examined quite a few workshop tunes over the years and come to the following conclusion. Regardless of how many training sessions some workshop guys go to, they are not capable and will never be capable of being a good tuner. They simply do not fully understand what they are doing. You do get those guys who are brilliant and will deliver, but then again you get alot that don't regardless of the support they get.
    No training session will help if you do not have the IQ and the dedication to get the job done right.
    Alot of the enthusiast on this forum, most with some tertiary education and desire to learn have surpassed the skill level of alot of these yr 10 dropouts that are tuning cars. They have learn't everything from the net.

Nearly everything you need to know about engine tuning is out there somewhere. However trying to learn to tune with non-live tuning software will never really make you a good tuner. To really understand what you are doing you really need to have live programable EMS tuning experience. One where you can trim timing, fuel ,cam timing with engine running and being able to see how an engine reacts.
    I am not saying that courses do not help. They certainly do. Especially with something like transmission tuning. But in the area of engine tuning, there are no real secrets about it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post

You know who has sealed the monopoly over SCT Australia just protecting his own financial profit interests with over inflated prices. Need not say anymore is it good business practice? don't know?

I do not see anything wrong if some one ask a valid question seeking help and wanting to learn. that's what a forum is for. If someone doesn't want to help or provide any positive assistance, easy don't reply just keep on reading other posts.

My 2 cents worth
    Last edited by FPV_GTp; 02-13-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah the don't reply thing is true. Nothing worse than being teased. I'm probably guilty of that.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah the don't reply thing is true. Nothing worse than being teased.
    Possibly one of the most frustrating things when you are trying to get help on a problem, someone taunting you that they know the solution but won't tell you.

Advanced Tuner
    lol a bit of that goes on here
    at least the forum is here and has some info with some actual smart cunts posting. things could have worked out rather different if everyone chose to keep everything they've learned or in the middle of learning to themselves.
    shit would be a lot harder.

Tuner in Training
    if he is a professional and knows it all and doesn't want to help someone then he shouldn't even be on this board. It is not here for just professional tuners or tuners who have been around for a while and were helped by others and who now want to be a douche and not help someone, it is here for community support and knowledge to all consumers who purchase HpTuners hardware. The software is free. Simply put, if people do not want to contribute then why are they here? That's easy, when they need something its ok for someone to help them, but they do not return the favor.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the thing, did someone spend the time and help you along the way? Now that its time to pay it forward its a problem?