Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VVE tuning using HPT's built in or bluecat tool?

Tuning Addict
    Only reason anyone would have issues passing emissions is if they were running pure SD - there would be a MAF code of some sort to have it in SD mode, so wouldn't pass the OBD check portion... I've done the OS upgrades on the ZL1's - no issues - but I wasn't running it in SD - it was still MAF and this was all before the new built in tool withen the editor... You can run or use either - they'll be about the same to tune in - just won't be using bluecat on the custom OS - of course you don't need to right now anyway
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Only reason anyone would have issues passing emissions is if they were running pure SD - there would be a MAF code of some sort to have it in SD mode, so wouldn't pass the OBD check portion... I've done the OS upgrades on the ZL1's - no issues - but I wasn't running it in SD - it was still MAF and this was all before the new built in tool withen the editor... You can run or use either - they'll be about the same to tune in - just won't be using bluecat on the custom OS - of course you don't need to right now anyway
    Honestly im having better luck today with the built in rather than bc tool. I reverted back to stock...compiled a few days worth of data (that i had with stock vve settings) and was a little less aggressive with my aduustments and i was pleasantly surprised. Its still a little lean in the higher rpms based off of fuel trims...in the +4 to +7 range but im making progress, it was +10 to +15 in those areas. Also my idle areas were really rich in the -10 range and ive now got them in the + or - 2 range. I noticed a much better shift at normal cruising speeds right after i applied changes today. So i stil have quite a bit more work to do but making progress now. My goal is to go back to the factory mixed maf/vve scheme up to 4k and maf only from there.

Wish me luck

Edit:by the way i made a vve table in excel that will compile multiple logs and average them out if anyone wants to use it i will post it up. Its pretty simple and im sure lots of you guys have something like that already but for the diy folks like me who dont have access to a load cell dyno to hit more cells in the vve map this makes it a little easier
    Last edited by JBZ; 06-22-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Advanced Tuner
    Woo hoo...knocking down the fuel trims. Now ive got all idle and cruising areas in the +/-2% most of it closer to +/-1. i had 2 portions of the vve table one at higher rpm (5k) lower load that was a little lean in the 4.7 range and the other lower rpm higher load area that was aroun the same. I should hopefully be able to get these areas cleaned up tomorrow.

Feel like im making some progress and cars running smooth and shifting crisp and feels nice.

By the way all of this forward progress has been with the hpt built in and not with blue cat.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuner
    I thought I would tackle VVE tuning in the Z. Trying the blucat tool out. It won't accept my zone map boundaries for some reason. Its stuck there.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    I thought I would tackle VVE tuning in the Z. Trying the blucat tool out. It won't accept my zone map boundaries for some reason. Its stuck there.
    Thats an issue with bc tool and hpt v 3.0. You have to use version 2.24. There is another way though, you can manually enter all your coefficients in or copy your current vve table data into the ve table in bc tool...recalculate your coefficients and start from there or even better i found just use the hpt built in. Hoping that bc tool will eventually make another update thats compatable with hpt 3.0 and better.

Check out this thread, there is some interesting info in it. http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/66-t...ts-issues.html
    Last edited by JBZ; 07-01-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Tuner
    Ok cool. tks........

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper