Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    Do you by chance know if they have released any new versions? I would think 3.0 has been out long enough now the bc tool will become obsolete soon if they dont release another version.
    Virtual VE is now built into 3.0+
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

The advantage of BC's tool is it also changes where the different zones are to best fit the table you're after. Though it can certainly be done manually and I prefer the built in VVE editor most of the time. Much easier to use.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Understood...I figured it wouldn't work with a write calibration only, but if we could write just the slave segment to save some time when dealing with a car with a car with a big TB that likes to throw the P1516 that would be cool. I don't like going any larger than I really need to on something like that as I consider it a safety check...so I'd go 1% at a time until it doesn't throw the code, then maybe go 1% further to be certain and be done with it. Might mean flashing it 4 or 5 times in a row.
    Just make the actual numbers 8 or 9 percent and be done OR call up Nick and see if he's got the actual fix available yet or not
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Downloaded the new 3.2 and the vcm editor and scanner have been randomly Been freezing and it automatically closes them didn't have this issue before the update
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

If you open a compare file and click into the compare table (where it shows differences), you can no longer type zero to force the current open file (the one you're editing) to match the compare file.

This is with 3.2.11.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Already reported to support

Potential Tuner
    I'm so glad you guys are finding all the bugs before I upgrade to 3.2x. The early adopters always seem to spend more time wading through the glitches than tuning. But I'm thankful that there are those of you out there willing to fight the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    2016 Z06

If I fail the MAF then no boost.

Actually, overriding the limit warning may have worked but I'm waiting on this stupid AEM OBDII wideband to show up and I don't want to push it too much until it's in and I am too lazy to install my other wideband in the meantime, lol. According to the log I took it up to 1.3 PR with no MAF but the boost gauge was only a hair above 0 and it felt like it was limited and wouldn't raise any more.
    Well, I tried it again today and it doesn't make boost with the MAF failed even with the PR Fault Limit set high so anything that can be done to correct would be great, thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Great work guys just wish the VCM controls worked for Ford.

Potential Tuner
    Can the new version scanner log more than 640 torque? I'm still using v2.24.

Quote Originally Posted by MickVette View Post
    Can the new version scanner log more than 640 torque? I'm still using v2.24.
    You should let us know what vehicle/controller you're working with, we support so many.

The best way to find out will be to test though. 3.x has many more parameters than 2.x, so there might be an additional torque parameter that helps your application.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    If you open a compare file and click into the compare table (where it shows differences), you can no longer type zero to force the current open file (the one you're editing) to match the compare file.

This is with 3.2.11.
    I see the same thing. Also this was only an issue previously in the 3.1 beta. Typing zero in the compare view in 3.0 copied the data from the compare file to the edit file.

Working on a Gen3 LS application today and none of the bugs I reported via email and in the RTT thread have been addressed. Basically rendering RTT nonfunctional.
    Link to thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...3-1-BETA/page2
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 06-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuning Addict
    I could be stepping out of bounds here BUT I think the main issue with the rtt is a comm speed issue on the earlier gens - reason I say this is - nothing, including spark logging is working correctly on the gen 3's when rtt is activated in the tune - think I made these comments in the same thread as you - maybe not? Anyway try logging as few of things as possible and see if it changes any?

Also can't confirm it, but looks like the direct can hookups may or may not be working - just from looking at the external inputs section of the forum?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

A couple of Maths I find useful

Calculated Engine HP
    ([50108.127]*[50070.56])/5252

Idle RPM Error
    [12.56]-[2210.56]
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Potential Tuner
    I never got one of those cool HP Tuners lanyards when I got my tuner and I just got it last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Well, I tried it again today and it doesn't make boost with the MAF failed even with the PR Fault Limit set high so anything that can be done to correct would be great, thanks!
    Higgs is the throttle opening all the way with the failed maf? Seems to me when I ran a failed maf on the new Z's, the throttle would become super lazy and not open very far, limiting boost. This was with the PR ratio only being able to be raised to 1.0 back then. Lowering the airmass coefficients got the throttle open further, allowing more boost, but it still felt lazy. You could tell it wasn't right. Turning the MAF back on, brought everything back in line.
    There still has to be an unmapped limiter somewhere, I have been saying it since the LFX V6 Camaro came out. It has some kind of torque/airmass limiter holding them back. Those cars won't open the throttle until 4000-4500 rpm every time. No matter what you change, except lowering the airmass coefficients, which yields unfavorable results elsewhere.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I could be stepping out of bounds here BUT I think the main issue with the rtt is a comm speed issue on the earlier gens - reason I say this is - nothing, including spark logging is working correctly on the gen 3's when rtt is activated in the tune - think I made these comments in the same thread as you - maybe not? Anyway try logging as few of things as possible and see if it changes any?

Also can't confirm it, but looks like the direct can hookups may or may not be working - just from looking at the external inputs section of the forum?
    Not sure if it helps, but on my 02 silverado RTT works fine with the beta, but I upgraded the OS with 2.24. I have had issues with my 98 suburban with the 0411 swap that was upgraded with 3.1 Beta.

Obviously there are too many factors in there to rule anything out for sure.

Tuner in Training
    Keith@hpt is there any time frame or knowledge of when hpt will have a knock readout for the dodge srt4?? I know they have said they were working on it, just wondering maybe an idea or just keep riding blind to it

The zeroing out the table differences when a compare file is open bug, should be fixed in tomorrows 3.2.

I'd have to check if it's just opening up the boost regulator or reducing throttle (it sounds like it's opening up the regulator/solenoid/valve though). They definitely have throttle issues even with the MAF enabled but I agree, there are missing limiter tables or torque tables we need.

Need some time to properly log everything.