Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Here is my channel list Bill. Not sure it will help but it is (or was anyways) working on mine

Corvette Channel Config.Channels.xml
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thanks. Tried removing all channels except flex advance and alcohol percent and only flex advance logged.

Tried Carson's channel config and same behavior. Fuel composition Hz logged but no alcohol percent. How do I start fresh. Used to be I'd whack the vcm scanner.cfg. Is that still valid?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tried that, deleted vcm scanner.cfg and started with default config. Same thing. Weird.
    Bill Winters

OK I got it. There are two alcohol channels. Forgive the ignorance but I don't know the difference. When I add the top (green) one it doesn't display and only has a right arrow in the channel list. The bottom one logs and has bi-directional arrows in the channel list. Funny thing is Carson's channel list must use the green one which works for him but not me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill Winters

I see, the arrows are polling VS: broadcast channels. So in this case, the broadcast channel doesn't work. Which may also explain why my Aeroforce Interceptor doesn't log it either. Donno.
    Bill Winters

So, does one of them work?

Yea the bidirectional one.

Good deal. Weird.

GM has a generic broadcast map that it sends out, but doesn't populate all data for all vehicles.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Couple of things I noticed this morning (not new):

-Every time parameter selector is opened I have to click the "show only parameters backed by channels" icon. Any way to make this the default or have it save whether I had this on or off the last time I had parameter selector open? It's not very common that I ever want this turned off so I've clicked it on like 100x this morning for setting up some new charts.

-Click inside the channels list, now click inside of chart vs. time. Scroll mouse wheel.. scrolling occurs on channels list instead of in chart. You have to click on the "Chart vs. Time" tab label up at the top first before it actually selects that window. Then scrolling, etc. works like normal. I don't think this is intended behavior..

Advanced Tuner
    I can open a support ticket if necessary, but I noticed a small glitch several days ago and forgot to report it. When in the "Diagnostics and Information" portion of the scanner under the "DTC's and Readiness tests" tab where you can read fault codes, the exit button works. If you change tabs to the "freeze Frames" portion of the same window, the exit button on the lower right does not work. Behaviour is the same if there are codes / freeze frame data or not. I am able to duplicate the glitch in 3.2.27 I just downloaded.

I also noticed with 3.x, the save button is gone from this area. That was nice when someone had a laundry list of codes and you wanted to show them later. Granted copy / paste works so that is a workaround.

Just wanted to update my list of things I see that could be improved.

Items in BOLD are things that have been fixed.

Editor:
    -Table views are not stored when tables are opened or closed. This is frustrating when you constantly open/close a table and have to resize and select side by side for 2d/3d view.
    -Import/Export tables.
    -Add a slider bar on 3D axis so us without a right/left click trackpad mouse can rotate and zoom.
    -Adding ability for variable cam VVE calculation. Currently I can only seem to get zero degree cam angles to calculate.
    -Ability to use the compare function with table axis. We were able to compare the axis in older versions.
    -Copy/Paste Tables without having to open up the table.

Scanner:
    -Ability to highlight a row/column in histograms/graphs by clicking on the axis identifier. Ex. I want to highlight the 95kpa row across all rpm range so clicking 95kpa on the axis will highlight the row rather than having to manually click/drag to highlight data. The Editor already does this for it's tables.
    -More Maths slots.
    -Ability of Maths to use other Maths in parts of equations (like 2.24 allowed).
    -Rename the "Chart vs Time" and "Graphs" back to how they were labeled in older versions. When I think of graphs I think of data lines on a plot not a histogram. Graphs=currently called Chart vs Time and Histograms=currently called Graphs.
    -Allow Maths to be placed on Channel List and the definition of those Maths saved with the Channel List for easier export/sharing with others.
    -Serial WB support for ECM AFM1500.
    -Ability to clear current populated data in histograms/graphs similar to how the older scanner gave that option to clear data out of the histogram and start fresh re-polling while still continuing to scan.
    -Gen3 RTT functions stabilized and functional. Currently there is very little manipulation within the RTT window. no Copy/Paste, no increase resolution, some RTT tables are missing rows/columns.
    -Auto Tune VE & MAF for RTT
    -Ability to use List for defining voltage ranges on MPVI A/D inputs. Handy to correct non-linear transfer functions. Was option in 2.24.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 07-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

3D axis slider won't happen.
    Maths referencing maths won't happen.
    Clearing graphs won't happen.

Everything else is on our todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    3D axis slider won't happen.
    Maths referencing maths won't happen.
    Clearing graphs won't happen.

Everything else is on our todo list.
    Fair enough. If there is a specific "fix" you guys are working on during the day feel free to shoot me a message. I work everyday M-F on the rollers with this software so I can check/report back on specific things.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuning Addict
    Will any of this possibly be corrected in the scanner - In other words when it looks for supported parameters - seems like you get a whole lot of the same named parameters that don't log the same???

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...789-Which-BARO
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Need to see a channel config, and a log showing parameters with the same name that don't log the same.

If you're talking about broadcast vs polled parameters, that's user choice. We give you, the user, more options, more sources, you must pick the one that you want.

Need to see a channel config, and a log showing parameters with the same name that don't log the same.

If you're talking about broadcast vs polled parameters, that's user choice. We give you, the user, more options, more sources, you must pick the one that you want.
    The problem is if we can pick from 6 different Barometric pressure PIDs, how are we supposed to know which one we want?

Another example is Total Knock Retard and Knock Retard or Timing Advance and Spark Advance, etc. If some of these are old PIDs for a GenIII and should not be used on a GenV, there is no way to tell, I'd rather the legacy PIDs be removed if I am connected to a GenV, nor do I want to see GenV PIDs when connected to a GenIII, etc.

I think what we are getting at is "We want to use the HPTuners software to tune vehicles" not "We want to experiment with different PIDs and talk about it online." We need HPT as a tool, not a toy. The more work we have to do to set up the less work we can do to get paid.

If I buy a 4K TV, I don't want to see any SD channels in my Guide. Give me the baby, not the pain.

I need to see an example.

Also, baro is baro.. It's unlikely your car has multiple baro sensors, so they should all be the same value.

Now, there could be a difference if you have a baro sensor, and the pcm also has support for a calculated baro value. In this case, we misnamed one of the parameters and it should be renamed Calculated Baro.

I need to see an example.

Also, baro is baro.. It's unlikely your car has multiple baro sensors, so they should all be the same value.

Now, there could be a difference if you have a baro sensor, and the pcm also has support for a calculated baro value. In this case, we misnamed one of the parameters and it should be renamed Calculated Baro.
    I agree, they should all be the same value but they aren't (under all circumstances). A couple might be the same at idle but under boost they do different things.....so you might think you have it right but then you don't.

Will post examples when I am able. :-)

Here is an example, I just threw a bunch of dupe pids together....maybe not the best most all encompassing example but nevertheless....

Undriven and driven wheel speeds.....why do these PIDs even populate?
    Accel Position D, E, 1, 2, Avg and Throttle Position SAE....why do I have these and what are they for?
    Two engine oil temps and then Engine Oil Temp Calc is so different?
    Two Engine oil pressure pids, one doesn't even register?
    Intake Air Temp 2 vs Manifold Air Temp.......
    Total Knock Retard vs Knock Retard.......
    Baro vs Baro SAE, look at 11m9s range and see how Baro SAE drops under WOT? Sup with that?
    MAP Hi Res vs Intake MAP....big difference in the two, why?
    Intake MAP A and B don't even work although they might if I log them without anything else in the list, but regardless, why even have them?
    Ethanol vs Alcohol %......why have both?

I get having a broadcast pid AND the SAE version, sort of.....but that still adds an element of decision, discrepancy, and potential for error that we don't need. I don't remember having these issues in 2.2x either.

Also, when I add PIDs to my Channel List/Table they are all duplicated in the TCM section....why not just list the TCM stuff under TCM so I don't have to scroll and hunt through all the Engine PIDs, too?

Dupes.hpl
    Last edited by Higgs Boson; 07-09-2016 at 10:10 AM.