Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Advanced Tuner
    So I finally got around to using the VVE tool this weekend... Bravo, guys, it works great!

The only thing I could possibly think of to make it better is to have a function to automatically copy VVE only all four tables (Switch open/closed, DoD active/inactive)

Have my Cruze running and idling smoother than it ever has before and the trims look great

Tuner
    I have to tune an 03 chevy with a Ford NP205 T-case. The case ratio is 1.96:1. I can fake it in the 4 low tables or I could change the ratio if I had access to the tables. Can we get this added into 3.2?
    70 Chevelle, 4L80e, 2900 stall, 02 LQ4 short block, LS3 heads/intake/injectors, Patriot extreme springs, EPS 222/230 on 112, Edelbrock 90mm TB, 85mm maf, Walbro 255

Senior Tuner
    It might be something that changed in Windows, but I used to be able to pin my shortcuts to VCM Scanner and VCM Editor to the top of the start menu, and they'd stay there when I updated to a new version.

Since 3.2, I always have to re-pin them after an update to a new version. Is this something that changed in the HPTuners installer that could be put back, or is it out of your control? My primary tuning PC is running Windows 7 Enterprise x64.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    It might be something that changed in Windows, but I used to be able to pin my shortcuts to VCM Scanner and VCM Editor to the top of the start menu, and they'd stay there when I updated to a new version.

Since 3.2, I always have to re-pin them after an update to a new version. Is this something that changed in the HPTuners installer that could be put back, or is it out of your control? My primary tuning PC is running Windows 7 Enterprise x64.
    I am not having to do that so I think it's your kompjuter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I am not having to do that so I think it's your kompjuter.
    Happens to mine too. I just have to re-pin the shortcuts to the taskbar everytime

Advanced Tuner
    It only happens on the start menu and task bar, the desktop icons are fine for me. This has happened for a very long time (beginning with 2.24 / 2.25 beta) and I just built desktop icons instead of locking them to the start or task bar.
    Each PC I currently have or had used is Windows 7 Professional x64.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

More features, more vehicle support and more reliability - VCM Suite 3.2 is all that and much more!
    We've listened to your feedback after our 3.0 release and we've brought back a number of 2.24 features missing in the initial release and added a number of new features you'll enjoy:

Click here to download the latest demo!

Click here to see the latest supported vehicles!

Editor Changes:
    • E38/E67 Slave Segment Adder
      - This tool, accessible through the Edit menu, lets you add slave segments to your tune. This allows for a true write entire as well as editing the P1516 DTC thresholds. Available for most applications.
    • Min/Max override feature
      - A pro tuner feature which allows you to override the min/max limits imposed on our parameters (when the physical data storage allows it).
    • E40 write entire is back!
    • Improved parameter search matching. Similar results are now returned.
    • Table view preferences are restored between sessions (horizontal/vertical split, split distance, 2D/3D, 3D orientation)
    • Many user-reported bugs now fixed.

Full Changelog: http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Edi...changelog.html

Scanner Changes:
    • Added support for 2.24 and prior config (.cfg) and histogram (.hst) files.
    • Doubled the scanning data rate for 97 V6 GM, and 97-98 LS1 GM controllers.
    • GM 97 V6 now reports Timing Advance (SAE) with the correct +/- sign. The sign used to be reversed.
    • Improved parameter search string matching. Similar results are now returned.
    • Relink VATS for GM Vehicles that support it, has been added. This function used to be in VCM Editor in 2.x releases.
    • Change VIN for GM Vehicles has been added. This function used to be in VCM Editor in 2.x releases.
    • Real Time Tuning (RTT) for GM vehicles that support it, has been added. This function used to be in VCM Editor in 2.x releases.
    • Added ETC Learn bidi feature for Dodge CAN vehicles, including 2008-2010 Viper.
    • Added Traction Control Enable/Disable bidi feature for Dodge CAN vehicles.
    • Added Reset All Adaptives bidi feature for Dodge CAN Vehicles
    • Ford KAM Reset bidi (Copperhead, TC-1791, TC-1797)
    • Ford Crank Relearn bidi (Copperhead, TC-1791, TC-1797)
    • Many user-reported bugs now fixed.
    • More parameters.
    • More transforms.

Full Changelog: http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sca...changelog.html

Vehicle Addition Highlights

GM:
    • Improved 8 speed transmission parameter support.
    • 2011+ LML transmission parameter enhancements.

Ford:
    • 2011-2016 Ford Powerstroke 6.7L diesel, including TCM support!
    • 2015+ Ford Racing Coyote Control Pack
    • 3.5L Ecoboost Ford Racing Control Pack

Dodge:

• 2007-2009 Dodge Cummins 6.7L diesel, including TCM support!
    • RFE transmission support for all 2007+ vehicles equipped with 545RFE/65RFE!
    This all sounded great, but this comment caught my attention;

The standalone data logging feature of the MPVI Pro is only available for late model GM vehicles.

hmfile_hash_5a5242c3.png

Where do I find this list, as I've already purchased it, it doesn't seem to want to record anything once remove from computer.
    I've a 2000 Regal GSE, 3800 S/C
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Advanced Tuner
    Did you write your scanner config to the interface? If you don't write your scanner config to the interface it won't know what to log. Once that is complete, the PC needs to be disconnected for logging to work.
    If you are not on version 3.2.x standalone logging for some vehicles was broken (I can't remember which previous revision or vehicles).

Tuning Addict
    This is probably a really stupid request Keith, BUT can it be made to where you can click on the channel and move it up or down with arrows intead of having to right click and click move up or down everytime? You know, like it is in the graphs settings????? If you have a really long list - it gets to be a pain...

Thanks
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Click on the channel you want to move

Hold down "ctrl" on the keyboard, then hit the up or down arrow keys to move that channel up/down

Not perfect, but better than hitting move up/down once slot at a time

You can also highlight multiple channels and move all of them at once

Being able to drag them around would be nice but this is at least better than right clicking and moving one slot at a time...
    Last edited by schpenxel; 07-26-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    Thanks Carson... Is there a list of all of the keyboard shortcuts somewhere, so I can stop asking stupid questions
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Haha, not that I know of. Some of them show up when you right click on stuff. If it were up to me we would be able to do everything with keyboard shortcuts

so just downloaded and installed latest 3.2.47, and this problem still exists.. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post437404
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Tuning Addict
    Is anyone else having weird issues with todays or yesterdays update? I make changes in the tune, save it, load to car, make next changes, save and sometimes some of the tables are reverting back to stock - wth? I thought it was just coincidence, but it did it twice now - that I know of??? First was when I failed the MAF for VE tuning - it reloaded the stock VE table and MAF fail settings... Changed injection tables - sometime later they magically went back to stock??? Kept wondering why all of a sudden I would lose 10hp and throttle was changing during the pull - found throttle tables went back... Am I losing my mind? Fat fingering multiple times? Computer on it's last leg? Corrupted files? Or is this actually something going on? Just wondering...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    The ability to copy table / past table, from the the table TAB is no longer there. You have to open the table to copy/past, can we have that back it was quick easy and worked well.
    In comparison we seem to have lost parameter/ difference counter that was handy could we have that back as well?
    The ability to copy over all differences in 1 click is great but i have found I've accidentally done that twice now and there is no undo function maybe a (are you sure tab) for {copy all differences/ copy selected} as there right next to each other.

Advanced Tuner
    Just wanted to mention that I love the fact the logs are auto-saved. Had my first instance yesterday where i needed to dig up a log I had forgot to save previously. Invaluable.

Indeed, love that feature.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

What is the default auto-save directory? I wasn't aware of this feature, it would be nice to be less paranoid.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

My Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Logs\

I believe

Advanced Tuner
    I just did a system search for .HPL files and pulled up the directory almost immediately. I had heard about this feature in the past and noticed the files being saved after ending each scan, so I knew there was something somewhere