Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Once you use V3 or newer there is only one version of 2.24 that will work. It was the last build prior to "V3" being released. I don't know the exact version number offhand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    The 2.24 version that will work after using 3.x is 2.24.1172 (I think 2.24.1168 or higher will work). The reason is because the 3.x released upgrade the firmware in the MPVI box and only the last few versions of 2.24 will work with the updated firmware.
    Thanks you guys yeah iv got both 2.24.1170 and 1172 both work with 3.0 im wanting to download 3.2 so there will be no worries doing so.. correct ?

And yeah i ask because i read somewhere that hptuners was going to change the firmware again i just wanted to make sure, cause i still love using 2.24 on my older projects

Thanks again peace

Tuner in Training

99 c5 tire size current says 87.48?

Cant figure out why the tire size is this high. Shifting and speedo are accurate, but if i put in 25.6 for a 275/35/18 then all is wrong. I have no idea where this number came from. Anyone have any idea?Screenshot (3).png
    I updated to the newest version this morning.

It seems this number is closer to the circumference, [though not exactly] than anything else.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by randall; 08-07-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Also having some strange issues with the Gear/Tire Wizard... trying to change to 3.90s from stock 3.42 gearing (stock tire) but it's not working as expected and I'm not sure what's happening.

The current value is not valid (putting that value into the first field changes the multiplier to 'ERR').
    geartirewizard.PNG
    geartirewizarderr.PNG

I can input the tire diameter without any errors but the results seem suspect. Just want to make sure I'm using it correctly before I continue (garbage in/garbage out).

3.2.40, updated 8-10-2016 @ 1900hr
    Last edited by S8ER01Z; 08-10-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
    Also having some strange issues with the Gear/Tire Wizard... trying to change to 3.90s from stock 3.42 gearing (stock tire) but it's not working as expected and I'm not sure what's happening.

The current value is not valid (putting that value into the first field changes the multiplier to 'ERR').
    geartirewizard.PNG
    geartirewizarderr.PNG

I can input the tire diameter without any errors but the results seem suspect. Just want to make sure I'm using it correctly before I continue (garbage in/garbage out).

3.2.40, updated 8-10-2016 @ 1900hr
    you need to reenter both the tire and gear

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Cant figure out why the tire size is this high. Shifting and speedo are accurate, but if i put in 25.6 for a 275/35/18 then all is wrong. I have no idea where this number came from. Anyone have any idea?Screenshot (3).png
    I updated to the newest version this morning.

It seems this number is closer to the circumference, [though not exactly] than anything else.
    looks like circumference, not diameter.

Trying to perform a segment swap on a 99 C5. The car is a manual and needs to change to an automatic. One problem is that the manual tune is a 2-bar OS, so the OSID's aren't the same. I figured "no problem, I'll just update the OS of the automatic to a 2-bar and then do the segment swap". I quickly discovered that I can't update or even view the OS of any of the files using 3.2.66.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Get it figured out?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Do we have the ability to log timing enhancement (ie. adders/tables) for flex fuel enabled vehicles in the scanner?
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadmike View Post
    Do we have the ability to log timing enhancement (ie. adders/tables) for flex fuel enabled vehicles in the scanner?
    Yes.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadmike View Post
    Depends on the vehicle.

Easiest way to tell is just connect to the vehicle and look at the supported channels list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

where's the download link
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Depends on the vehicle.

Easiest way to tell is just connect to the vehicle and look at the supported channels list.
    In my case it is an '07 TBSS with Flex Fuel sensor added to a 2 bar OS.

I just double checked my Channel and I was logging Flex Fuel Advance; I wasn't looking hard enough when I tried adding it to my Chart vs. Time. Problem solved.

Thanks, gents!
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

Advanced Tuner
    Just downloaded 3.2 and I'm having problems setting up the scanner. I keep having to load my user math parameters every time I close out the scanner and reopen it. It keeps opening the default scanner it seems and ignoring what I add. It is odd because it has some of my older user math parameters from 2.25 in there. Not to mention the scanner keeps crashing when I load the new math parameters in. The channel layout keeps defaulting also. Whats the deal here?
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    11:1 Stock bottom end
    76mm Altitude compensator

Sounds like it's not saving on exit like it should

I'd try totally uninstalling and re-installing first. If problem still exists, I'd suggest contacting support
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks that is what I tried. I will get a hold of them.
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    11:1 Stock bottom end
    76mm Altitude compensator

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    You report 'em, we fix 'em!
    "No job is too big, no fee is too big."

I have a request. Would it be possible to add the ability to key through the list of graphs using the arrow keys? Or add a slider bar to that list? Right now if you select a graph title in the left column and hit an arrow key it just moves the highlighted cell. I use a 10" netbook in the car and at times the list is longer than the window and I have no way to get to the graph I want.

Example:

full list of graphs

no way to access the rest of the graphs in this stiuation, which is always with a 10" screen.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

There used to be a little icon at the bottom of the list that would give you access to the rest

Not ideal in this situation but you can also use keyboard #'s, 1, 2, 3, etc. to flip through them. Only works up to 10 (0 = 10) though

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 80gus View Post
    The ability to copy table / past table, from the the table TAB is no longer there. You have to open the table to copy/past, can we have that back it was quick easy and worked well.
    In comparison we seem to have lost parameter/ difference counter that was handy could we have that back as well?
    The ability to copy over all differences in 1 click is great but i have found I've accidentally done that twice now and there is no undo function maybe a (are you sure tab) for {copy all differences/ copy selected} as there right next to each other.
    Yes please please bring back copy/ paste table. 6LXX transmissions take so much longer to tune now. What makes it worse is the copy icon used to copy the entire table. now it just copies whatever the cursor fell on when you open the table.. same with paste.

I've heard them say they don't want to bring back right click copy paste back because people could get in trouble.. If that's the case we should pull the timing tables out of the software too! Maybe just put up a warning when you copy/paste first time with ability to "not see this message again" Problem solved right?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    There used to be a little icon at the bottom of the list that would give you access to the rest

Not ideal in this situation but you can also use keyboard #'s, 1, 2, 3, etc. to flip through them. Only works up to 10 (0 = 10) though
    I tried this, and it would work for my needs, but it only flips through the ones that are visible on the list. If the graph is buried, it won't flip to it.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3