Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Differences view appears to be working now

You report 'em, we fix 'em!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'll try to break some more stuff then

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Ok then, add a fan control for my 2013 GT500 so I can manually run the fan in the staging lanes.

[*] Added support for 2.24 and prior config (.cfg) and histogram (.hst) files.
    This isn't working out for me with any real functionality, seems I still need to rebuild all histograms. Back to the old stuff until I have time to set up 40+ configs again.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm pretty sure you can open 2.24 .hst(histogram files) with 3.0/3.2 so I don't believe you'll need to rebuild them more than you will just drag them over.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Ok then, add a fan control for my 2013 GT500 so I can manually run the fan in the staging lanes.
    This is a feature request. currently we have no eta for vcm special controls for ford applications. This is not a "bug".

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    This is a feature request. currently we have no eta for vcm special controls for ford applications. This is not a "bug".
    Not a "bug". I have an icon in my Ford scanner that says "VCM Controls and Special Features" but it doesn't work. Seems to me this is be a "big bug"!

That's a function of the user interface. Not all vehicles support populating that function.

It's there for every vehicle you connect to.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    On the HPT lock question.
    Are we no longer able to lock tunes at all?

We had 0 issues with this in 3.0 for the dodges we tune.

It's an important feature for us.

Ron

That's a function of the user interface. Not all vehicles support populating that function.

It's there for every vehicle you connect to.
    Wait, so when I edit the Supercharger tab for my 2010 Camaro SS I am not adjusting the supercharger???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    On the HPT lock question.
    Are we no longer able to lock tunes at all?

We had 0 issues with this in 3.0 for the dodges we tune.

It's an important feature for us.

Ron
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...T-Lock-feature

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I read that.
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! I have a 2016 F-150 5.0 and will be putting on 35" tires. Is this version able to adjust for tire and gear changes?

In trying to figure out which throttle position I need to log to get it to read over 88% I stumbled upon this.

These are the three throttle position parameters that are available to me and they all are reporting different things. Also the chart is all saw toothed, but I think I remember that being caused for someone else by logging more than one of the same parameter.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Quote Originally Posted by Niemer View Post
    In trying to figure out which throttle position I need to log to get it to read over 88% I stumbled upon this.

These are the three throttle position parameters that are available to me and they all are reporting different things. Also the chart is all saw toothed, but I think I remember that being caused for someone else by logging more than one of the same parameter.
    Support sent me this in response to the TPS charting looking like that, and they are correct, the issue corrected when i followed their instructions. "With the generic parameter it is trying to pull the data from the multiple channels. If you go into charts layout and pick a specific parameter then only that one specific parameter will be displayed. "

Tuning Addict
    Stupid question, but how does one pick a specific parameter? I thought that was what we were all ready doing when we picked a said parameter...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Stupid question, but how does one pick a specific parameter? I thought that was what we were all ready doing when we picked a said parameter...
    Tell it no when it asks if you want to use a generic sensor instead, basically

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    since 2.x a long, long time ago the charts default to using "sensors" for common values like Vehicle Speed, Engine Speed, MAP, ECT etc. so that it was easier to use the same charts across multiple vehicles that might use different actual PIDs to log them (as mentioned you can choose a specific parameter if you edit the chart properties). The sawtooth is caused by the new 3.x scanner plotting engine that doesn't average multiple PIDs for the same sensor, every datapacket received is timestamped and displayed individually.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Unhappy

I had seen many people reported this issue with the release of 3.1 beta. so i was under the assumption the bug was probably overly reported.
    to all you guys busting ass for us needy tuner folk. Yall have a development rate thats far surpassed the competitions! Which i feel is under appreciated to say the least.